Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Membership

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Can someone please help me............ I have been trying for several days to register for these forums but I am not getting a confirming e-mail back. I am hopeful you are accepting new members but if not please let me know and I'll move on.

Thanks

Comments

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    If you have a spam filter try checking your SPAM folder for your comfirmation. A lot of times they go into that.
  • Thanks . I don't have a spam filter. Sounds to me that there may be some problems as I have just read where a couple of existing members seem to be having a problem. I am hopeful that a moderator finds this post and can get me activated.

Thanks again
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    If you are using hotmail or yahoo for your mail client then that may be your problem. They seem to block/blacklist eggheadforum.com emails sometimes.

Likewise other service providers have this issue. My advice would be to attempt registration using a different email service, perhaps gmail, and see if you get the message. The confirmation is being sent to the address you provided, but the service provider is blocking it for some reason.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    frustrated,

Is your email address a comcast address?
    We are currently having trouble getting email through to comcast customers -- they have blocked our email server for reasons that are not yet clear.
    We are working on the problem.
  • could be your host. my emails to comcast addresses also came bouncing back. i found that comcast had blocked the grid server my site was on. a request from the support staff of my webhost, to comcast, seemed to clear it up
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Comcast is notorious for this. They have an automated online request to remove your domain from their blacklist. Takes about 48-72 hours most times. A couple of my domains get blocked every 6-8 months, and the only way we find out is the wife of an employee here uses Comcast and when she doesn't get emails from her husband we figure our Comcast has jacked us once again.
  • i found out when i thought zippy was ignoring my love letters