Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

paninis

Options
TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So

The wife has been less of a pain lately so I figured I would reward her with one of her favorite egged meals - portabello paninis.

Tuscan pane style bread slathered with homemade pesto on one side and garlic infused evoo on the other. Layered on some Roma tomatoes, portobellas, mozzarella and pure egged lovin
bf5682b9.jpg

Portabelis on the large - marinaded in Italian dressing - before the paninis got assembled
a8585992.jpg

Did the paninis on the bge half moon cast iron and a cheap sandwich press from Amazon
38c8107d.jpg

Here they are all eggninied and ready to be demolished

5924e06e.jpg

With some of my favorite chips from RRP's neck of the woods
4fd9bd68.jpg
Washed down with some...
2bb9e830.jpg

Oh I also went Chernobyl for a bit too
6ef1a882.jpg

Comments

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Mozzarella, portobello and tomatoes all melted together - does it get any better?

Never had Magic Hat but would imagine, like most micro brews, it must be pretty good?
  • Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    wow that really looks to terrific. I love it when people show the egg can do more than just "meat and potatoes" type meals. My wife would love it! I suppose if you wanted to do fix more than 1 panini you could wrap a brick with heavy duty aluminum foil and use that as a press as well. Just a thought.