Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memphis BBQ Question - Paynes BBQ

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spring Hen has been wanting me to take her to Memphis so she can experience the Elvis tour. You know, walk where he walked, talk where he talked, etc. She wants to jump in the truck and go ASAP but I'm a Taurus and that's not my style. I have to plan stuff a little better.

For example, we've read reviews and posts on most of the talked about BBQ restaurants in Memphis and it seems that not everyone cares for the BBQ now that those places are successful. In fact, some reviews are downright nasty.

But we were watching Best Food I Ever Ate tonight and there was this BBQ restaurant that I haven't heard of before.

Paynes BBQ (2 locations) and this is one of their favorites.

PaynesBBQMemphis.jpg

Anybody ever eat there or had one of their pork sandwiches? They cook a pork shoulder for about 12 hours then chop it up. I can't remember what else they put in with it but it looked and sounded delicious. They use a vinegar based sauce.

The reviews say it's a Memphis Institution. But so are all the others.

Spring "Suspicious Enough To Double Check" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments