Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Should I Adjust Dome Temp Or Not??

sirlancealotsirlancealot Posts: 432
edited 8:35PM in EggHead Forum
3hrs. into cook and the dome temp jumped from 250-270deg. on brisket. should i leave it or break it back down to 250deg? thanks 4 your input

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    If it was me, yes, I would back it down a WEEEEE bit! It won't take much!! (I am assuming it has been climbing slowly over the last two hours, not just a spike?) Adjust ever so slightly.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    I'd knock it down just a hair, although you'll be fine either way.
  • thanks alot...
  • Is it common for a 8lb. brisket to reach 170deg. in 4hrs? at 250deg.
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Ditto on knocking it down. It dont take much on the daisy to get it to drop. Make sure when you adjust to give it a while before another adjustment.
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Seems a bit quick to me. :S Is your dome thermometer calibrated? Do you have another thermometer you can place on the grid to get a second reading? (like a thermometer from the inside of an oven for instance?)