Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red Snapper...Need Recipe

Chief
Chief Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got 35 pounds of fresh red snapper....any ideas how to prepare this on the BGE.....

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Chief,[p]Whole or fillets?[p]If they are whole I made a stuffing (just like used in pork chops or stuffing a turkey) and stuffed the chest cavity and cooked direct at about 325 for 30 minutes, turning ocasionally. It was awesome.[p]I have a great recipe for fillets if you want it also, have used it on Amberjack and on black snapper and it came out wonderfully. Email or post here for more information.[p]Troy
  • Chief
    sprinter,
    Thanks, need for filets......really appreciate it

• sprinter
    Chief,[p]This recipe was given to me by Grillin Bill - I've tried it as printed and it is AWESOME. I've made a few of my own modifications to it as I've used it but this is HIS recipe as given to me (thanks again GB, hope I'm not stepping on your toes too bad by posting your recipe). Definitely worth trying. GB gives a list of fish that he's tried it on, I've also tried it on Black and Red Snapper, Amberjack, and Cobia and had great results.[p]French/Creole Sauce (For Fish and Shrimp)
    Essentially for 2 servings [p]Ingredients
    3/4 Stick Butter
    1 Clove Garlic Minced
    1/4 tsp. Ground Red Pepper
    1/8 tsp. White Pepper
    1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
    1/4 tsp.Sweet Basil
    1/8 tsp. Oregano
    1/8 tsp. Thyme Leaves
    1/2 tsp. Parsley
    1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
    1 Tbs. Chardonay or other Dry White Wine
    1/4 tsp. Zeus Greek Seasoning (found in spice section of most grocery stores) if can't find leave it out!!!!!!
    Two 8oz white fish fillets
    12-16 Medium peeled and devained shrimp with tails left on [p]Put butter in large coffee mug and melt in microwave. When nearly melted add all of the dry spices, heat in microwave and stir. Then add wine and lemon juice and stir. You are now ready to go!! If you are cooking for more than 2 then double or triple recipe. [p]I have used Chilean Sea Bass, Hallibut. Mahi Mahi and Groupper. Brush on fish and shrimp well before grilling, let sit for 15 minutes. Brush on when you flip the fish and when you take off the grill. On stove top in small fry pan as you grill fish, brush a nonstick frypan with sauce. Add shrimp, cook til just pink. If needed as you cook the shrimp you may add a little more of the sauce. [p]Serve Shrimp on top of Grilled Fish and serve with Chardonay, Riesling or your favorite wine. [p]Troy

• Chief
    sprinter,
    Thanks sprinter....I will try this on Friday..I have all the ingredients....[p]

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    sprinter, could you post your recipe for fillets or drop it to me via e-mail. Very interested in it. Thanks a bunch.

• sprinter
    Doug,[p]A little slow on the uptake on this one but check the rest of the thread, its posted in a response to Chief. Good luck.[p]Troy
  • sprinter
    I am a little slow on the uptake, not you. I really need to start re-reading my posts before I put them out there. Sorry. Email or post if you have questions.[p]Troy