Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some sunday..................

Comments

• Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Great family and great food! Consider youself blessed. Glad you guys had a great day.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa right Mike...... ;)
    ·
    TKS mi amigo, loved the Pibil.....nothing like having a good Boston butt to start with....glad I found it here
    ·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Mrs. TRex just saw these pictures and asked me again, "When are we going, please?"
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Beli my friend My motto has always been -

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE

YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD!!

Just Fun !!
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    What a great day! I always enjoy your pics. ;)
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: ...Jason, we would be very, very honoured if you decide to come...we have the honeymoon suite redy...but you cook ok??? I wouldn't miss your great cooks for the world... ;)
    ·
    Dale & I've always said to my wife...he is 100% right.
    ·
    TKS JoJo, days are getting a bit cooler now..my favourite time of the year...
    ·
  • You almost left us out of the photos, especially me.

JudyLeroyinBelisphoto.jpg

Don't worry, we're just seeing how we would fit in LOL..

Spring "Seeing Is Believing" Chicken
    ·
  • Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
    Looks like a beautiful day in Paradise.
    ·
  • Vol JackVol Jack Posts: 34
    What a place!!!
    Did you invent Google or Ebay? LOL
    ·
    TKS buddy, the ingredients were here & I'm glad to share it with you my good friends ... ;)
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: Honestly nothing would be better than having you both here mi amigo...... :laugh: ;) Sorry about the photo but it was either you or the blond on the left... :laugh:
    ·
    Jack just nature as I've seen here on the forum many times.. ;)
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Beli,

Wonderful pics looks like everyone had a good time. The food looks wonderful to. Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·
    Patti I had previously cooked 2 Boston butts, took me 17 hrs. & they came out great, just added the Pibil (Achiote) sauce later.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Looks like a real fun time.

We had a little snow in the mountains this morning.

Kent
    ·
  • ledmondledmond Posts: 88
    That is one beautiful backyard you have there!
    ·
    It was. Already snow Kent? wowwwwwwww I sure miss that experience
    ·
    TKS my friend, a bit misty, nicer when we can see the Sierra Madre on a clear day
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I will trade you the snow experience with the swimming pool and trying to beat the camera experience. :laugh:

50° and some white on the grass this morning. By Friday we will be back in the high 90's during the day.

Kent
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Looks like fun. I always love seeing your photos. I bet you never get tired of that view! Love the one of you 'almost' making it to the pool!
    ·
  • TrueTexTrueTex Posts: 28
    Simply awesome...the color and texture of the Pibil is mouth watering. Can you share any cooking tips for the dish?
    ·
    Gwen, TKS mi amigo, actually ended in the pool the first time as well.. :P just the camera was faster.....
    ·
    I cooked 2 butts Here is the previous post where I explain a bit more the contents & ingredients...The sunday post is when I reheated the second butt, please let me know if I'm clear with the explanation & don't hesitate to ask .The taste is outstanding.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=954279&catid=1
    ·
  • TrueTexTrueTex Posts: 28
    Many thanks! Can't wait to give it a try...
    ·
    Gotta try this! So where does one get banana leaves in the pacific northwest, anyone know?
    ·
    Also, do you have any idea of the quantities on the ingredients?

Is mezcal the same thing as tequila?
    ·
    Gwen why don't you ask Little Steven, he gets his frozen in Canada so I'm shure you can get them there. Good luck
    ·