Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some sunday..................

Comments

• Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Great family and great food! Consider youself blessed. Glad you guys had a great day.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa right Mike...... ;)
    ·
    TKS mi amigo, loved the Pibil.....nothing like having a good Boston butt to start with....glad I found it here
    ·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Mrs. TRex just saw these pictures and asked me again, "When are we going, please?"
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Beli my friend My motto has always been -

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE

YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD!!

Just Fun !!
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    What a great day! I always enjoy your pics. ;)
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: ...Jason, we would be very, very honoured if you decide to come...we have the honeymoon suite redy...but you cook ok??? I wouldn't miss your great cooks for the world... ;)
    ·
    Dale & I've always said to my wife...he is 100% right.
    ·
    TKS JoJo, days are getting a bit cooler now..my favourite time of the year...
    ·
  • You almost left us out of the photos, especially me.

JudyLeroyinBelisphoto.jpg

Don't worry, we're just seeing how we would fit in LOL..

Spring "Seeing Is Believing" Chicken
    ·
  • Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
    Looks like a beautiful day in Paradise.
    ·
  • Vol JackVol Jack Posts: 34
    What a place!!!
    Did you invent Google or Ebay? LOL
    ·
    TKS buddy, the ingredients were here & I'm glad to share it with you my good friends ... ;)
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: Honestly nothing would be better than having you both here mi amigo...... :laugh: ;) Sorry about the photo but it was either you or the blond on the left... :laugh:
    ·
    Jack just nature as I've seen here on the forum many times.. ;)
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Beli,

Wonderful pics looks like everyone had a good time. The food looks wonderful to. Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·
    Patti I had previously cooked 2 Boston butts, took me 17 hrs. & they came out great, just added the Pibil (Achiote) sauce later.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Looks like a real fun time.

We had a little snow in the mountains this morning.

Kent
    ·
  • ledmondledmond Posts: 88
    That is one beautiful backyard you have there!
    ·
    It was. Already snow Kent? wowwwwwwww I sure miss that experience
    ·
    TKS my friend, a bit misty, nicer when we can see the Sierra Madre on a clear day
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I will trade you the snow experience with the swimming pool and trying to beat the camera experience. :laugh:

50° and some white on the grass this morning. By Friday we will be back in the high 90's during the day.

Kent
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Looks like fun. I always love seeing your photos. I bet you never get tired of that view! Love the one of you 'almost' making it to the pool!
    ·
  • TrueTexTrueTex Posts: 28
    Simply awesome...the color and texture of the Pibil is mouth watering. Can you share any cooking tips for the dish?
    ·
    Gwen, TKS mi amigo, actually ended in the pool the first time as well.. :P just the camera was faster.....
    ·
    I cooked 2 butts Here is the previous post where I explain a bit more the contents & ingredients...The sunday post is when I reheated the second butt, please let me know if I'm clear with the explanation & don't hesitate to ask .The taste is outstanding.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=954279&catid=1
    ·
  • TrueTexTrueTex Posts: 28
    Many thanks! Can't wait to give it a try...
    ·
    Gotta try this! So where does one get banana leaves in the pacific northwest, anyone know?
    ·
    Also, do you have any idea of the quantities on the ingredients?

Is mezcal the same thing as tequila?
    ·
    Gwen why don't you ask Little Steven, he gets his frozen in Canada so I'm shure you can get them there. Good luck
    ·