Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed Breast

FatMikeFatMike Posts: 464
edited 8:06PM in EggHead Forum
Did some chicken breast stuffed with bacon,(ouch that went up in price), sweet peppers and feta and a little cheddar cheese. Chicken was marinated in Italian dressing before stuffed. Of course all washed down with some good whiskey from this place 9 miles down the road from the house. I think the guys name is Jack and his last name starts with a D...LOL
103_4602.jpg
103_4603.jpg
103_4604.jpg
103_4608.jpg

Comments

• Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Great looking grub! I have never stuffed chicken. I guess it's just not my thing. Maybe I should give it a try.
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
  • FatMikeFatMike Posts: 464
    oops replying to the wrong post..sorry...Congrats tho
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Those sweet peppers looks great in there. How do you decide how long to cook yours? Thermapen, looks, ect. I find it easy to over cook one. Yours look right. ;)
  • FatMikeFatMike Posts: 464
    I cooked at 350 dome and did check them with the Thermapen quite often. The last time I tried I didn't marinate them and they were a bit dry. This time I did a 4 hour Italian dressing marinade and I believe it made a big difference. My wife is on a chicken kick right now but thank God I have a butt on the egg right now for tomorrow.. :laugh:
  • Have you ever tryed soaking chicken in butter milk for 3 hrs. before stuffing.
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That looks very good Mike. My wife likes chicken breast and I like the dark meat but this may change my mind. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Mike they look good. I do that but I put the bacon on the outside (never tried inside).
    Just a second way of doing it.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).