Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just another butt cook

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This cook was a thank you to my neighbors who helped me take down a big,dead oak tree in my yard.Right now,they are having a big party and serving my butts as the main coarse :) Here's the stats......I started the XL at 7:30PM last night,then put the meat(4 butts/32lbs)at 9:00.

DSC_0006-5.jpg

DSC_0007-4.jpg

DSC_0010-10.jpg

The first butt finished at 1:30PM,and the last one waited till 3:00(yea,18hrs).Here's a couple shots from this morning....

DSC_0021-7.jpg

DSC_0023-4.jpg

DSC_0026-4.jpg

Sorry,no finished pics,but they all kind look alike anyway :P I do have this (clean bone)shot,but that's it :blush:

DSC_0030-7.jpg

The neighbors are very happy,and so am I.Thats some good butt :woohoo: Have a great weekend ;)
·

Comments

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    You're a good neighbor, and those butts are absolutely beautiful.

TRex
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Shoot Doug that was a big tree, I think you owe them a grid full of wings also :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
    Hope everything is good buddy
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    You all are good neighbors. Good deal. Tim :)
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Awesome!!! I think a pork butt or two are calling me. It's been to long!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hey Sparky boy......those look great as usual!!!
    ·
  • Looks great!!! Just got our XL ... looking forward to being able to do those larger cooks compared to what we've done on our other eggs.

Joel
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Good for you Sparks!! You are always such the Gentleman! Those great looking butts would beat a few greenbacks any day! Nice expression of thanks! B)
    ·
  • egger66egger66 Posts: 385
    Man, those look good....I hope you kept one for yourself :laugh:
    ·
  • I just noticed that my neighbor has his house for sale. You can move in anytime.
    ·