Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need pulled pork ABT's recipe please

pattikake
pattikake Posts: 1,175
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I am going to make my first ABT's next weekend, I can't find the recipe using pulled pork as the meat can anyone help please..... :)

Patti
Wichita ,KS

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I halve the peppers and remove the seeds and membrane.

Pit in a schmear of cream cheese , season it with a little rub, then add a chunk of pulled pork. Wrap in bacon, season with more rub, then cook until the bacon is crispy.

This is the "on the half shell" method.

The other option is to halve and seed a pepper, put cream cheese and pulled pork inside, the marry the halves back together before wrapping the whole thing in bacon.
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    here is the one I use and it has not failed me yet:

ABT (Atomic Buffalo Turd) Recipe:

8 2-3" Jalapenos
    1lb Bacon
    1 Tub Pineapple Cream Cheese (OR) one 8 oz block of cream cheese and 1/2 can crushed pineapple drained
    (note that the cream cheese and crushed pineapple will make a double recipe of 32 ABT's)
    (optional) Pulled Pork, or anything you want to add. Little Smokies, Jiimy dean Sausage, whatever you like.

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cut the peppers in half to make them look like boats. Clean out all insides of seeds and veins, (wear rubber gloves to keep the oil off your fingers) (grapefruit spoon works great) Mix Cream Cheese, shredded cheese, pulled pork all together then once mixed add to the peppers. Put a good coating of brown sugar on top of the cream cheese on each pepper. Take one slice of bacon and wrap up the entire pepper, that is why you want decent size peppers. Take one or two tooth picks and secure the bacon to the pepper.
    Cook on Egg or regular grill for around one hour or until you are satisfied with the look. Ensure you use a disposable drip pan (9x13) in either case to avoid some of the Flare ups from the grease. (note: if the peppers are crunchy, they are not done!)

We have made them without any meat, they are great! I have also used Turkey Bacon, but it doesn't take as long to cook, watch so it does not overcook/burn. They are even better the next day, if you have any left.

john
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Thank you very much will post pics next week hopefully they will turn out haven't messed up anything on the egg yet but there is a first time.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    Patti,
    I forgot to put the temp on the recipe. I usually cook at 375 degrees.