Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Plate

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Y'all should check out this site. www.southernplate.com if you haven't already. There are some awesome recipes and great stories and there is a chance she might even do a review of the EGG® pretty soon.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks, Bobby!! Some good lookin' food there. Might even try my hand at a pecan pie and I'm always interested in a new buttermilk biscuit recipe! Who knows what else I'll find there. I draw the line at Alabama white bbq sauce though. Or anything involving black-eyes, okra or grits!

Just curious, do we have to start writing egg... Egg®? :whistle::)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    Now now you should try The White Sauce we serve over 200 plus chickens a day dipped in our WHite sauce at Big Bob Gibson. Hoss
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Hoss's BBQ:

Question for ya regarding your Ramp/Mushroom Sauce recipe. Do prefer ramps or morels?

Thanks
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    And yet, folks in south Alabama never heard of it? That's what it says on the recipe page anyway. Maybe I'll try it next time I do a chicken. Looks simple enough. Never on pulled pork though! :lol:

Besides, Decatur is near Athens and there's a place there that serves RC Cola and a Moon Pie for 2 bucks - how bad can it be?! Try askin' for that where I live!! :)

Okree, grits and black eyes are still off limits though. I have my standards! B)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Hi Michael,

An egg is something you eat and cook with that chickens lay. An Egg is just the same thing just capitalized. An EGG® is a trademarked term for the Big Green Egg®.

Does that help?
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    I love the ramps version yet limited time groth for those babies in the spring same with morels. Any type of mushrooms will work yet I prefer fresh morels. The sauce is great with steaks just change up with what you have available. Hoss
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Bobby-Q
    You just ruined my plans for today's cook.... Not really, but now I'm off on a different track!
    Thanks, Great site

How can you go wrong when you cook with Butter or Bacon ;)
    Kent Madison MS