Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT ..Crested Butte Co

icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone on the forum live close to Crested Butte?..

Comments

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    i wish i did.... i was there for a ski week.... had a great time! ray....
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm in Colorado Springs. You should email me. Bet I could help.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • I lived just down the valley in Gunnison for 10 years.

Would be happy to answer any questions.

Nick
  • icemncmth
    I will be there in a few weeks and I haven't been there in 4 or so years...

Just trying to find out if there are any good places to eat.
  • icemncmth
    I replied to your email...just looking for things to do in the area.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    I spend a week or two in Almont/Gunnison/C.B. every summer, just got back.

Garlic Mike's - good Italian, it's just north of Gunnison (about 25 miles S. of C.B.).

My top 3 on or near Elk Ave. (main street) in CB.

Donita's Cantina - honestly the only good Mexican food I have ever had in Colorado (lived there 3 years). In northern New Mexico every place is good, but in CO not so much IMHO.

Wooden Nickel - if you want meat this is the place, Buffalo burgers, Elk, Steaks, trout, etc.

Slogar's - family style all you can eat meals, great fried chicken
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Slogars and Donitas (mexican)are two of the best places around. (Slogars only serves fried chicken and steak, but the chicken and all sides are well worth it) I second the Garlic Mikes recommendation if you are in the Gunnison area at dinner time.

LeBosque and Gormet Noodle are good as well.
    I have heard that The Secret Stash is good pizza with Paradise Cafe good for bfast and the Gas Cafe for lunch.

Plenty of hiking (Long lLake, Emerald Lake, Judd Falls) and biking. If you have some time the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is amazing. You could also rent a boat and cruise around Blue Mesa Reservior (largest lake in CO) - both are in the same area.

Depending when you go the aspen leaves in the fall are incredible. Late Oct and early Nov aren't as good as many shops and restaurants close for "Mud Season".

I Hope you enjoy your trip. I am headed there as well next month. The egg dealer in Gunnison is the one that actually introduced me to the BGE when I visiting a couple years ago.
  • icemncmth
    I will be there the last week of Sept. So it should be pretty nice. Thanks for the info!
  • icemncmth
    Been to Garlic Mike's before that is where my nephew had his wedding reception..

I will be staying pretty much on Elk Ave so I will be in walking distance of most things..

Thanks!