Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Forum software thoughts??

BigBadger
BigBadger Posts: 461
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
No offence to the Eggers who like this older style of forum but have the power that be ever considered updating the forum software to something more modern?

With this old style forum software, topics regardless of their popularity are lost quickly and easily as new topics are added. The new stuff is quicker, less cumbersome and when new posts are added to topics they are bumped up the list so something popular stays visible until it loses it's popularity or the topic fizzles out........ I think you can even get them in green.....

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    BigBadger,

There have been many discussions on this topic in the past.
    Eventually, we'll upgrade again, but in the meantime, there are views other than "classic" which you might like better. We added "classic" view to facilitate the transition to this forum several years ago). Also, there is an option to view the posts in the order you mention (i.e. the thread with the most recent post comes to the top of the index). Check your profile settings in the "Club Egg" tab.
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    I have tried the other views as well as tried the recent posts order. Yes, the view change provides similar to what I am mentioning, however the recent posts does not seem to be making any change. I use far too many forums and I always get messed up when I use the EggHeadForum, so I thought I'd ask.

Other than my questions, this forum IS one of my favourite forums to read and learn from. Thanks!!