Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thin crust pizza getting better

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
edited 8:30PM in EggHead Forum
Made two pizza's, they were definitely better this time around with good crunch and a thin crust. Used the pizza dough recipe from the new Big Green Egg Cookbook and double batched it with a 24 hour rest in the frig.
BGEThinCrustPizza0002.jpg

BGEThinCrustPizza0003.jpg

With extra dough...I thought I'd practice using good advice from AZRP rolling the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to get it very thin. Then I baked it,... not going to throw it out :whistle:
BGEThinCrustPizza0006.jpg

I sprinkled herb seasonings, salt, pepper, onion, garlic on two of the practice rounds and I got a crisp bread. Two others I only used sea salt. All were enjoyable to eat as is or buttered, still warm from the egg.
BGEThinCrustPizza0012.jpg

Comments

• GORGEOUS! So the new book is worth it? I was thinking about getting one, but haven't yet.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,055
    Looks like you have NAILED it B)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Very nice Clay, looks like you've got it down

Ross
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,055
    TexasLiveOak save your money and just read the forum. Much better right here.
    I have the book and feel it is very much not a good cookbook for the egg. The exception would be his pizza dough recipe.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    I have more cookbooks than I need but I'm an egghead so I must get the BGE cookbook. There are very good photo's of food and the recipes are inspiring.
    Up next; Biscuits and Gravy, so I'm gonna try the BGE biscuit recipe.
    Yes, I recommend this cookbook, shows different setups using the egg and easy to read. It's on my coffee table right now with the book open to the biscuit page. :)
  • I thumbed through it and had the same reaction: it was pretty average. Perhaps good for a beginning egger who's not much of a cook...not so useful otherwise.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Nice job Clay...the thin crust pizza has become a quest for many of us. :woohoo:

I recommend the BGE cookbook also. Great recipes & great photos. A must have in my cookbook collection...
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I think you've got it.

LR
  • I bought the new cookbook when I bought the egg, save your money and use this forum. It has some useful info but the recipes are not all that great.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Great looking pie Clay, reminds me I haven't done it in a while...
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks excellent. I have the pizza stone heating up right now :evil:
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,305
    Nice incentive to make my own thin crust pizza.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX