Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

checking in, and some great news

Options

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Thanks Aaron!!
  • TRex
    Options
    See y'all there!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Oh, Jason, it may be late in the evening but you have made my day. This is the most wonderful news. You deserve to be happy and it sounds as if you have found your soul mate. I can't wait to meet her. Please come visit if you ever get back in Houston. We have a spare room and would love to have you both. You haven't been on the forum, but you have always been in our thoughts. Happiness always!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • TRex
    Options
    JUDY!! You made MY night with that sweet note! You would be so proud of me - I've really found the most wonderful woman on the planet, and she's already taking very good care of me.

Will we see you and Leroy in Eggtober?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Heard about you getting hitched. Congrats to you both!! Like the blog too!
    Both be well!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • TRex
    Options
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    We heard the news a few days ago!!! CONGRATS!!!!! :) ALL THE BEST to you BOTH!!!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Sad to say this will be our first year missing the Eggtoberfest. Leroy is recovering from knee surgery and the location this year is not condusive to "old folks". I guess we got spoiled with that big Greyhound bus lugging us around and the after-party just a few steps from our comfy bed. Time changes everything but sometimes not for the best. I am so glad it changed to "great" for you....now.....let's see some wedding pictures of our new "daughter".
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • TRex
    Options
    Haha, I guess the news gets around quick! Thanks so much!!
  • TRex
    Options
    Judy, please tell Leroy I'm so sorry about his knee. I had knee surgery a few years back and I know it ain't no fun. We'll definitely miss y'all - Eggtoberfest just isn't the same without the Chickens walking around.

We should have some pictures up soon, I'll let you know . . .
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! Enjoyed looking at your blog. I will certainly be trying that corn chowder and the coconut macaroons!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    What a nice surprose. The entire staff here at the Chicken Ranch is thrilled for you. I see where the Ranch Maddam already put in an invite. Maybe one of these days you two can Eggsperience the Chicken Ranch in all it's glory.

I know my 'girls', Lily Large, Shirley Small and Maggie Mini would be thrilled to actually meet The Legend himself. Of course, they will all be vying for the honor of you actually cooking a genuine TRex Steak on them. It's likely there would be a 'movie' made of the event. Shoot, maybe CNN can come back and do another story about the goings on around here.

I'm finding out that knee surgery isn't for sissy's, but now that they figured out some pain issues I'm on the road to recovery. Got another knee to do next year. Really looking forward to it NOT!.

Like Judy said, we probably won't make Atlanta this year. In fact, few if any of the Texas Contingent is going. We even thought about throwing another Coop Party but it's been so hot here that we are thinking further ahead, like when Hell freezes over LOL. But it's still on the back burner.

Once again, happy to see you are happy and we wish you all the best. Also looking forward to seeing some more posts from you. From what I can tell, you complement each other's cooking skills.

Spring "Nothing Like Good News To Sleep Better" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    its great to hear from you jason. . .really miss you around here!! . ...and a huge congrats on getting married!!! i wish you nothing but happiness buddy!!! all the best to you and the new mrs. t-rex. .. looking forward to meeting her in the future. ..
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Wow, Jason. Great to see you post. Congratulations to you and your brand new better half! These are happy times indeed. I wish yall a lifetime of the best of times.

What beautiful pictures on your blog. We're headed out for a while where there's no cell or computer but look forward to catching up with your site when we return.
    Hope to see your face on the forum a bit more... this place is always a little brighter when you're around. Cheers!

john
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Congrats Jason, having the right person in your life will make it more rewarding then you will ever know. You are a great guy and you deserve all the happiness life can afford.
    BTW, where"s the pic of the new bride, I'd like to see how you shop! :laugh:
  • VandyHoo
    Options
    Why, TRex, that looks like a ManTrip t-shirt in one of those pictures... Great times the other weekend. See you soon.

Oh, yeah - first post. Boom.
  • egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Options
    Congrats and what a great blog. Awesome photography and flow. I've worked all day and it's late and now I am drooling hungry. Bookmarked and have to come back.

Ed
  • Groundhog66
    Options
    Congratulations to you both...
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    I'm glad you are back love your blog

Ross
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    How wonderful!!! best wishes to you both and happy cooking!!
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks, Leroy. Now you just take it easy and get those knees back in working order so you can give me and the missus a proper tour of the Coop one of these days!

Good to hear from you, old friend.
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks, Max. Will we see you and Spawn in Eggtober?
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks so much, John. So good to hear from you.

Going campin'??
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    probably not this year jason.... just too many other 'life' events consipiring against us this year...
  • TRex
    Options
    Oh I'll show you all a picture soon, good friend. Stay tuned!
  • TRex
    Options
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks so much, Ed!
  • TRex
    Options
  • TRex