Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What are your favorite rubs???

Austin EggerAustin Egger Posts: 256
edited 1:04AM in EggHead Forum
I have started trying different rubs that I have found around town, but I am curious what your favorite rub is and for what meat and veggies. Please specify any rubs that can be bought on line so that I can purchase them. :) My two favorites so far are Dizzy Ragin River for salmon and John Henry's mojave garlic pepper for veggies and mashed taters. John Henry's texas pig rub is pretty good for pork chops, but I am still trying to find something else...maybe byrons butt rub??? I would enjoy reading everybody's opinion! :cheer:
·

Comments

• Dizzy Pig - all of them - I use them like suggested but generally
    Dizzy dust - Pork
    Raisin the steaks and cowlick - steaks, tritips and other beef
    Pineapple head - grilled fruits
    The rest - all over the board

John Henry's Pecan - Pork

John Henry's Brisket - Brisket

Sucklebusters Hoochie Mama - Poultry

Bad Byron's Butt Rub - Butts

Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish - Blackened fish

All available on line - let your fingers do the shopping :)
    ·
  • EggTurnerEggTurner Posts: 108
    I recently bought Tsunami Spin from DP and can not believe how fast I went through it - clearly my favorite But then all the DP rubs are outstanding.
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I used Pineapple Head on some chicken breasts yesterday. Holy Cow! Excellent. :P
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    Been using Texas BBQ Rub for a couple years now. Love the stuff!
    You can get it here: www.texasbbqrub.com
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    I always keep Texas bbq rubs and dizzy pig on hand. I also John henrys and Tasty licks from smokin guitar plyer Fred.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Texas BBQ Rub for briskets and ribs. Dizzy Pig for other stuff like chicken, pork, salmon, etc.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·