Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbe with Warranty Questions

Options
SilverBack
SilverBack Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been smokin' on an old clay BGE for a couple of years now. At the same time, I have also been shopping around at the local BGE dealers for a new ceramic model. In two or three years, I have seen a couple of dealers disappear, so here are my questions:

1.) If I purchase a new BGE and the dealer subsequently goes belly up, is the warranty good at any other dealer?

2.) Does the warranty include shipping to the dealer, or is that my responsibility?

Thanks... Ron

Comments

• So Cal EGGhead
    Options
    Ron,

You have some good questions there. The warranty issues usually would fall on the shoulders of the dealer you purchased from. However, with the economy in shambles and dealers coming and going, you can go anywhere for the warranty claims.

Be sure to fill out the warranty card it comes with and mail it in ASAP. That is the list they use for claims.

You are responsible for shipping costs. Sometimes shipping costs more than the part itself. If you find a cool dealer, like me, I can add it to an existing order and eliminate shipping for you. It all depends on where you buy from and the existing dealers in your area. Good luck!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Get a new large egg Ron and take pictures of it and post them here on the BGE forum. We won't make fun of ya we'll support cha. ;)
  • EggTurner
    EggTurner Posts: 108
    Options
    I bought an Egg at a Fest (New Eggland - 2009) - do not recall even receiving a warranty card. Do I have any coverage?
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Should have came with all your paper work. If not call your dealer or the mother ship for info.
  • SilverBack
    Options
    Thanks for the info - that's what I need to know!