Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

My new table

BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Nobody around here has ever even heard of a ceramic cooker let alone a Big Green Egg. So I wanted to be the first and damned if I'm going to have a bought BGE Nest holder. So I made a table. All Western Red Cedar with a Stainless Steel Top and SS reflector under the firebrick.

Now I haven't done ANY woodworking in 20+ years so I am pretty happy with the results.

44426_425476044933_621069933_4948308_3509512_n.jpg
·

Comments

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    That's very nice work....
    Kent
    Madison MS
    ·
  • Very nice

Of course some will say you need a bottle opener B)

Someone with a SS table warned against leaving a grid or the daisy wheel on top of the table for any length of time - rust marks.

Looks like you have a low and slow going by the opening on the bottom vent and wispy smoke.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,032
    That is a very nice table. Like the two tone stain
    Great job :)
    ·
  • Judy's EggJudy's Egg Posts: 104
    Looks great.
    ·
  • Very nice work
    ·
  • EarlessEarless Posts: 9
    Very Nice. are the legs diff wood or stain?
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Very nice table!
    Attention to detail and function you just cannot buy from the store. Handcrafted is best...you got a heirloom table.
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Nice job!
    ·
  • How did you cut and break the stainless? Did you have it made? Really nice.
    ·
  • I had a friend make the SS top for me. The Top was waterjet cut and welded to fit over a 3/4" ply sheet.
    ·
  • I had a bunch more pix to show but forgot to add them. The basic design was from Naked Whiz but had to modify it to accommodate the local building materials and my own desires.

It's all Western Red Cedar except the S.S. covered Plywood Top. The custom S.S. box on the side holds my pizza stone, grill and Plate setter. The handle is Stainless welded and buffed. All tools except the Grill lifter are handmade by myself as well. The handles suck and will be replaced with Arbutus or driftwood as I get the time.

Mobility is an issue as it's pretty dang heavy. I think next Spring I'll add casters to the handle end.

Just picked up the custom Cover yesterday and can't wait till it cools off to try it out.

IMG00436-20100730-1157.jpg

IMG00437-20100730-1158.jpg

IMG00439-20100730-1452.jpg

IMG00477-20100806-1534.jpg

P1020808.JPG
    ·