Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great pizzas tonight!!!!

Options
Marine Cook
Marine Cook Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pizza6.JPG
<p />Man this thing does the best pizza....they get better every time.
Tonights first was a pulled pork BBQ pizza, all I can say is awesome![p]Semper Fi,[p]MC

Comments

• egghead2004
    Options
    Marine Cook,
    I love egged pizza, you're right it gets better every time[p]S3-C0

• Marine Cook
    Options
    Pizza7.JPG
    <p />Marine Cook,[p]Next was a greek veggie yum yum yum! All made much easier beacuse of the Super Peel.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    Marine Cook,
    Your pizza looks wonderful!! Where did you get your pizza screen? I have been looking for one.
    Rose

• Marine Cook
    Options
    Rose,[p]We have a great restaurant supply store here in Mobile. I have tried using screens and I think I like the naked stone better. I bought the screens because I was having trouble with the crust burning on the second and third pizzas. I got a tip from TNW to wipe the stone down with a damp towel to cool the stone enough to limit burning the crust on mutiple pizza cooks and it seems to do the trick. I also use the super peel to transfer the raw pizza from the cutting board to the egg and I relly like it. I have had trouble with pizzas sticking to the screen. They never stick on my stone. Probably just me.[p]But I have seen the screens for sale on the web. Sorry I dont have a link. I know I saw a post recently that did though.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Marine Cook,
    What kind of cheese is that on the Greek veggie? Looks wonderful!

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Marine Cook,
    Yes, I've had pizzas stick to screens like that. I've seen other screens that are more like window screen than expanded metal. I think they might work better, but I've never tried one.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Marine Cook
    Options
    Basscat,[p]It's mozzarella packged in a big ball shape but not the real soft fresh kind. The real soft stuff will dewater and the pizza gets really wet. I use half a package of cream cheese and blend it with about 6 cloves of minced fresh gatrlic and a good tblsp of dry oregano for the sauce. Slice roma tomatoes thinly and layer on sauce. Put thin slices of red bell pepper and purple onion over that, then feta cheese, colamata olives and the the mozzarella cheese. It's our favorite pizza so far.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • Marine Cook
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]The damp towel tip work great for me and after to night I'm a naked stone guy from now on. I think I'll send my screens to Rose if she wants them.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Marine Cook,
    Wow, great ideas! Thanks!
    Chris