Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advertising

Ms.
Ms. Posts: 145
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Hi,

A while ago, I posted here, about my way of going about losing weight. Well. I found out I need help. And my help are now the AAs of weight loss: Weight Watchers. It works for me. Expensive, but effective.

I have lost 12 pounds in a bit over two months. Alone I managed to learn to eat healthy, but healthy chocolate in a too large quantity is still not good for losing weight, I found.... :blush:

So I'm back (it's the third time) with WW, the AA of weight loss (in my opinion). I guess just the fact of having to weigh yourself in front of an almost total stranger is a motivation to lose for me. But what I like a lot is that it hasn't stopped me from grilling. And on top, I have become totally addicted to exercise, but that has nothing to do with WW, and everything to do with EA Sports Active on the Wii...

Ah, but the thing is... just like AA, and contrary to previous times, I cannot stop WW. The good thing is, as long as I maintain my weight (still 4 pounds to go!), I go for free!

As for exercising, well, it has become like a drug for me. If I don't do it two days in a row, I feel bad. Well, not bad, better yet: BORED. I really suggest you try the Wii if you haven't. So much better than the gym! (for me, of course)

Sorry if I am making a free advertisement for these companies here, but I thought some people who might get discouraged could like to find some of the things that worked out for other.

Cheers.

Comments

• Congratulations on the 12 lbs. loss! I thought i would check out the Weight Loss forum and it's not much of a forum at this time is it.
    anyway my wife and I (61 and 56) decided like Drew Carey, "we're tired of being overweight". BTW he lost over 70 lbs.!

We enrolled in Fit Trim which is $95 for 6 weeks. We are in our 2nd week and have lost 6 and 5 lbs. respectively. My wife was "on" WW but you are right you cannot eat 1/2 a cake and lose weight. The Trim Fit is a structured meal plan and this is what we really needed as well. We have strange working hours and only become hungrey if we go beyond 4-5 hours without eating. so far we love it. Six weeks structured menus and then maintenance. We can do it!
  • Ms.
    Ms. Posts: 145
    You're right, this forum doesn't rock a lot... :( You'd thing there are enough people who need to lose weight to make it alive, but hey... here we are.

Congratulations on your loss (and your wife, too).

I am on a "plateau" now, having moved up and down over the past four weeks, for a nice average of 0 lbs. Well, at least the average is not a gain!

We can do it!
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Good luck with the marathon. Which one are you doing?
  • Best thing we did was to do this together. Keeps us honest and we can support each other. If I may, I would recommend you get a partner and even attend meetings. As my wife and I have decided this is not about losing weight, it's about a lifestyle change for better health and vitality. We're still shooting for 2 lbs. a week until we get to our stated weight loss. That happens to be 30 lbs. each. That will bring me to 200 and I do not know wht that is for my wife. Needless to say the actual weight loss is not important. It's the benefits of long term healt! You're right - WE CAN DO IT! Keep it up!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    this really is a slow forum, noticed the guiness in your pic, less calories and half the carbs of most microbrews, thats been my diet plan for the last couple years, funny thing is it works :laugh: hopefully this forum picks back up after newyears again
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • My weight loss go/comes in fits and starts. But now that I have been cooking more on the Egg meals are more special and I snack on the bad stuff less. I'm getting a complete and balanced diet, and not too much at each meal, the food seems more satisfying, I was concerned the food would be so good I wouldn't stop eating. but I find I'm happy with a smaller real good chicken leg, or half a breast than a whole poorly done whole fried bird.
    Dave need weight loss help in Plumas County.
  • I know what you mean about eating less when the meals are done well. We are cooking 2-3 nights a week including chicken, fish, and beef. We have been on a plan called Fit and Trim and while the meals are planned out for us there is no portion control but now I don't have the desire to eat alot. I get more variety than just 1/2 a breast or leg. So far my wife and I have lost 12 lbs. each in the last 4 weeks. We're doing great and it makes a difference having a partner! Good luck on your journey!