Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butt - For Mr. Buck's Family (pic heavy)

Options
KMagnus
KMagnus Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mr. Buck - an 85 year old patriarch of my community - passed away Monday. Mr. Buck and his wife of 67 years, Mrs. Frances, are two of the nicest people I've had a chance to know.

I already had this butt seasoned and chilling in the fridge when he passed. I decided his family needed it more than me and mine. So, Mr. Buck, this one was for you!

Sent these 2 pics to several co-workers I'm trying to talk into attending Eggtoberfest and joining our clan. This was about 3.5 hours in.

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

I pulled it when the internal temp hit about 160. I wrapped in foil and returned to the large BGE. Dome temp was mostly at 250 during the entire cook. I was looking to bring the internal temp up to between 195-200.

IMG_1372.jpg

It reached 197 between 11 and 12 hours in. I couldn't pull it immediately, so I triple wrapped in foil, double wrapped in towels before I could pull it about 2 hours later.

Additional bark developed during the foiled period.

IMG_1376.jpg

I only got 2 pics of the pulled meat. An incredible amount of natural juice.

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Mr. Buck's family told me it was fabulous. Too bad I didn't do one and take it to him while he was still with us.

Thanks for reading,
-Ken

Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="subscribeMe"

Comments