Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plan for the best burger ever!

Options
gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all,

The topic of how to make a really good burger has come up several times. I was poking around the 'net, and found an illustration from a book being released in Dec. of this year.

If you have a spare $650, and the time to read 2000 pages, you will find out how to make a really great burger (among other things.) Its by Nathan Myhrvold, who did win 1st at the 1991 World Championship of Barbecue in Memphis. The book is named “Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking”.

The link goes to a 5 Mb .pdf brochure download about the book. Page 6 illustrates the burger.

http://modernistcuisine.com/docs/ModernistCuisine_About the book_spreads.pdf

While I'd love to read thru the book, I suppose it will be a little frustrating for those of us who can't come up with $3K for a kitchen centrifuge. :ohmy: Likewise, as is noted by the author, some states limit the purchase of lab glassware that makes for really good kitchen utensils.

Comments