Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plan for the best burger ever!

gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,456
edited 5:53PM in EggHead Forum
Hi, all,

The topic of how to make a really good burger has come up several times. I was poking around the 'net, and found an illustration from a book being released in Dec. of this year.

If you have a spare $650, and the time to read 2000 pages, you will find out how to make a really great burger (among other things.) Its by Nathan Myhrvold, who did win 1st at the 1991 World Championship of Barbecue in Memphis. The book is named “Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking”.

The link goes to a 5 Mb .pdf brochure download about the book. Page 6 illustrates the burger.

http://modernistcuisine.com/docs/ModernistCuisine_About the book_spreads.pdf

While I'd love to read thru the book, I suppose it will be a little frustrating for those of us who can't come up with $3K for a kitchen centrifuge. :ohmy: Likewise, as is noted by the author, some states limit the purchase of lab glassware that makes for really good kitchen utensils.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Did anyone tell him just to buy an EGG :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • DreggsDreggs Posts: 147
    Only $422 on Amazon :)
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,456
    Yes, and free shipping! That definitely puts it on my infinite wish list.
    ·
  • Hmm... $650 to be told to use 70/30 ground beef with a generous amount of DP Raising the Steaks mixed it? (I'm assuning that they really _do_ mean the best burger ever.)
    ·
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    Wow. How many people will buy a $650 cookbook?
    ·