Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sometimes Quick is Best

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hey, but don't ask my wife that question. ...heeee[p]no, seriously, last night, we trying to decide what to eat. ..i went to the fridge and pulled out a package of boneless chicken breasts. . .decided to go with an oldie but goodie from my 'gasser' days. .. simply sliced the breasts in half, doused em in wishbone zesty italian dressing (didn't even use any rubs, sorry ken and chris) for about 20 minutes while i brought the large up to a steady 450 degrees with some apple wood chips. . threw the chicken on for about 3 - 4 minutes per side, and that was that. .. they were tasty and really juicy and everyone loved em. . .served em up with some mashed potatoes and salad.. .[p]

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Same at our house. the wife wanted to try the portabellos, but we were stuck as to what to make. We DID use a rub on our family pack of chicken breasts, then we threw on a couple of bubba burgers with raging river. She made some fries in the oven, and it was great.[p]She is using the leftover chicken for chicken salad. I think chicken salad made from Egg'ed chicken may be the best on the planet. [p]Is there a contest anywhere that my wife can enter Chicken in the Egg salad?[p]p.s. my toes are feeling better this morning. I cleaned the burns, re-treated them with neosporin and re-bandaged. Hope I can start walking normally later today. [p](note to self: give yourself a fighting chance and at least wear some flip flops while Egging).
  • Mark Backer,
    bubba burgers?. . those aren't those non-meat soy/veggie things are they?. . .don't you know that cooking those on the egg could result in your egg privaliges being revoked by the 'egg grand potentate' for an undetermined amount of time. . .its probably ok this time cause you're new, and i'll put in a good word for you since you have demonstrated on numerous other occasions your 'guyness', and your burnt digits will more than compensate THIS TIME . ..just don't let us catch you doing this again though. . ..[p]btw, whatever burgers you cook, try it with the dizzy cowlick. .. there ain't nothin like a cowlick burger (we don't even eat them w/buns and stuff anymore as they taste so good 'naked') except maybe for a witchy red burger which is equally as good. . .[p]btw, don't know about chicken salad contests, but i'll bet if you did a google search you'd find one someplace. . .probably wouldn't be fair though, cause you are absolutely correct about egged chicken salad (particularly the tsunami spin variety) being the best. ..

• Mark Backer
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]The burgers are not actually bubba, but those 100% black angus thingies made the same way. We eat them sometimes, so I wanted to see how they'd work on the egg. They were great.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    This might help Max.
    Larry

[ul][li]Bubba Burgers[/ul]
  • YB,
    whew! . . .thanks guys, i stand corrected. . .glad to know its cow and not something that even the cow won't eat. . .heeee[p]

• Mark Backer,
    thanks for you and larry setting me straight...i take back every bad thought i had about you during the last 30 minutes. . . .i've never noticed them in the stores around here. . .maybe i'll have to look more carefully. .. [p]btw, still give them a try with the cowlick, you will love it .

• Mark Backer
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I will try the cowlick next time. But when you're in a bind, the angus ones are pretty good for a quick beef fix.
  • Mark Backer,
    i will be checking the frozen foods section tonight when i go to the safeway. ...sounds like i should keep a box in the freezer for a pinch. .. .[p]thx. .. .

• Mark Backer
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]you hit the nail on the head. They come in six and 12 packs and we just keep a box cuz you never know. [p]If you checked out their site, you probably saw the vidalia onion ones too, and they are really good. [p]There is another brand (not bubba) that does angus as well. We've bought both, and found no real difference. That's a lowest price gets my bidness product.[p]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Click on where to buy and then Virginia. It list all the stores that carry Bubba Burgers in your area.Now what to eat for lunch.
    Larry

[ul][li]Bubba Burgers[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    That is a good old stand by. [p]CWM

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    had that the other night too, except when they were about done, threw some thin sliced ham and provolone cheese on top and had chicken cordon bleu.[p]~nikki

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    No Bubba Burgers here in the Northwest but I agree, the Angus chuck burgers that come in a box are pretty damn good. I have recently settled on them as my burger of choice.[p]Toy Man