Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My fajita fix

Roll Tide
Roll Tide Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stopped by a local mexican market and picked up some fajita meat. The butcher offered to marinade it so I let him and observed. There was some goya mojo tropical limon, adobo seasoning, salt and pepper. I thought it turned out well. Next time I will cook at grid level instead of raised grid, not sure what I was thinking, I guess I wasn't on that.
DSC_1372.jpg
DSC_1374.jpg
DSC_1376.jpg
DSC_1381.jpg

DSC_1382.jpg

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    That looks really good. The grid you use is a homemade setup? Would you have any other pics of the grid? Would be interested in making one for myself. Thanks
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Weber, I'm not where i can post pics of my grid setup, but basically I used a 5 inch stainless steel bolt and on the threaded end I placed a nut and then ran a washer down to the nut, put the grid on followed by another washer and bolt. I did this for four bolts and it works perfectly. E-mail me or something and i will send you pics if you want more info or I forget to post here later.