Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

London Broil - Got any tips?

AnsonWilsonAnsonWilson Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trying a London Broil this evening. I mixed up a marinade last night from the 2009 Eggfest Recipe book, basically worstershire, dijon mustard, some canola, and some vinegar.

So that's marinating in the fridge, but after I did all that, I realized it didn't give specific instructions on how to cook. I'm sure I can wing it, but I have guest coming over and I always hate for them to be guinea pigs, although so far it usually turns out great.

So what would you guys recommend for temperature? Also, I know a london broil is often prepared medium to medium rare. My wife is currently 8 months pregnant, and is trying to stay away from raw foods. Is there a way I can prepare a portion for her that is well done that will still have some flavor?

Thanks in advance!
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,655
    maybe cube it and back into the marinade, then kabobs, thinking they maybe more tender that way overcooked
    ·
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    You're probably already finished with whatever you decided to do, but for what it's worth, I cook them like a giant steak, direct at around 400 degrees dome temp, and I pull them at 130 internal or so to rest for 5 or 10 minutes, then slice 1/8" thick and serve. That gets it to a nice med rare.

If you need to have some done a little more than the rest, just cut off a normal steak-sized section and start it earlier than the rest.
    ·