Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza pie & the pizza pie pop

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,313
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you remove a 30 minute trip through the egg @ 400

010.jpg

Take away the lattice top

009.jpg

And the garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper

008.jpg

And the basil

007.jpg

And the tomatoes

006.jpg

And the pepperoni

005.jpg

And the mozzarella

004.jpg

You are left with perhaps one of mankind’s greatest achievements, pie dough

002.jpg

On the plate

025.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

The pizza pie pop is the latest incarnation in the recent line of hand-held pies, although I ran out of mozzarella , & in an interesting twist, thieved the baby bell idea directly from tweev, as it was all we had left in the cheese department, worked like a charm.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

“What you gonna do when the 5 roll by” :ermm: name that lyric, win the prize
·

Comments

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That is fantastic. Reverse works good. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,802
    dude, u r somethin' else!

Looks great, Marc! :lol:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great pics. My niece and nephew will go crazy over the pizza pops :laugh:
    ·
  • giantwinggiantwing Posts: 189
    awesome zippy, what king of dough did you use for the pizza pie pops?
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,313
    giantwing, that is standard pie dough (standard for me anyway, I only know one way to make it - 2 cups of flour, 1/3 cup each of butter and shortening, pinch of salt, 5 tablespoons of water. If making dessert pie, then add a pinch of nutmeg & cinnamon). There should be a marinara dipping sauce for them, but I was slakin
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    how gauche
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    as always looks great Marc!
    ·
  • giantwinggiantwing Posts: 189
    Thanks I am going to give that a go. Kids will love it

regards
    Mike
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......pizza on a stick,yummy :woohoo:
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Beautiful, creative cook as always! I bet that pie was deeeeeelish.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Love the reverse pictorials. Pretty cute post... and dang mouth watering too-boot.

I've got to give those pops a try too.

GG
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Zippy...Once again, you're ideas just blow my mind! :laugh: Very creative, as always, and looks great. :)
    ·
  • The Mad Zaster B)

Nice
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hey Zippy......if you keep cooking like this I'm humbly asking you to take my offer & fly down here.....I pay the trip....+ expenses whatever those might be...... :woohoo:...oh yes......but you'll be cooking here too..... :laugh:
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,953
    Morning Marc:

Other than those nasty tomatos it looked outstanding as always...definitely need to try the pizza pops!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • Nice lattes top pie Mark

Ross
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I really love the way you presented this... very creative. the pie looks great as well.

last night i caught this show on tv called man vs. food(I think) and they showcased a deep dish pizza from chicago...

This is definitely something I'm going to try.
    context is important :)
    ·
  • funny you should mention that, in all the years I've tried to duplicate chicago pizza, I've done nothing but strike out, & ultimatley gave up trying. This wasn't at all intended to be a chicago pizza obviously, or even a version of it, but after taking a bite, it's the first thing that came to mind. I've always thought that chicago crust had a biscuit quality to it, & turns out, at least from a flavor standpoint, this pie was closer to chicago dough than anything I'd done before, go figure. Now, if I could only figure out how to match the texture & depth of the real stuff I might be on to something :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yea right
    ·
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,332
    Marc, I call that Bass Aackwards cookin. C U at O-fest U get the Beer. :lol: & :) :) :) Ronnie.
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I really love the way you presented this... very creative. the pie looks great as well.

last night i caught this show on tv called man vs. food(I think) and they showcased a deep dish pizza from chicago...

This is definitely something I'm going to try.
    context is important :)
    ·