Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

xl egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw these at the Jack, anyone know how they will cost relative to the Large. If you were thinking of getting an egg, would you hold off for the xl? why/why not?[p]

Comments

• benny,[p]If you cook for a lot of guests, you may wish you had the XL.

• trout16
    trout16 Posts: 60
    Options
    Tony,
    I cannot wait to pass my large one off for the XL. I have been putting off making a table just for this purpose. If anyone has EXACT measurments for the XL please share. Thanks!

• how many people is alot? and how much bigger is it. I already have a smoker that I can cook for the largest party I need (I have cooked for over 90). [p]I'm looking for a patio unit for family and friends. I know you always wish you got the one just a bit bigger.[p]How are these units for fuel burning. If I do a couple briskets, does the medium large or xl burn the same amount of fuel to get it done?[p]
  • is there a market for used eggs? ie you selling your large?
  • trout16
    trout16 Posts: 60
    Options
    benny,
    there actually is a market believe it or not as a used one still cooks as good as a new provided the gasket isn't fried from too many TRex styles like mine lol, gotta replace that, then I'm handing my large over to my father, he is excited as well lol!

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    benny,
    I choose to go with a second large instead of an XL because
    of cost + cost of accessories + mobility.
    From what I hear the XL is 24 inches in diameter, 200 lbs.
    with a basic cost of $900 + accessories.
    bruce[p][p][p][p][p][p]