Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grill your salad

Pepper Monkey BBQPepper Monkey BBQ Posts: 652
edited 2:30AM in EggHead Forum
Sometimes, scary as it sounds, a simple salad just tastes good. Char up the lettuce and meat on the egg, and it tastes great!

Chicken strips lightly seasoned

Char up some romaine lettuce on both sides

Plated with a home made dressing. Yum!

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that looks like a good salad... I've never had grilled lettuce. I think I'll give it a shot. was the dressing a straight up vinaigrette?
    context is important :)
  • We went with a caesar type dressing ... Erin is the dressing wizard ... she tosses stuff together and out comes a delicious dressing every time!

• EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 530
    Also never heard of grilled lettuce until I found this forum. Will give this a try.

Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    I started putting the lettuce on a griddle with some EVOO so the tips don't char like they do on the grid.

Makes a world of a difference. Keep On Eggin'
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Joel, the grilled salad looks so refreshing for these sultry summer days. :) Nice pics.
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Grilled romaine is one of my favorites. Nice job on the salad.