Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Those That Missed It-Brisket Videos

GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you that may have missed my previous post a few days ago, I have upload a series of 3 videos to YouTube documenting my last brisket cook on my BGE.

Hopefully this will help those of you that have not tried tackling a brisket yet on your Egg.

Part 1 of 3, The Prep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwzGVBeQtc&feature=channel

Part 2 of 3, From Ignition To Takeoff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-MTeWycw8&feature=channel

Part 3 of 3, Burnt Ends to Slices
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOtbeM5pPVQ&feature=channel

Comments

• Thanks for those videos. Nice work and good prodcution quality. The Brisket turned out beautiful!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Ditto- thanks! I have not yet tried Brisket but it is on my to do list.

I'm assuming you were born in GA- still here?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Other then offending the entire "silly thing you plug in" crowd (not me) :) I thought it was very well done. Good job.
  • Yep, still in Georgia. My wife and I live in Canton. She wanted horses. I wanted a BGE. We have both now. :)
  • LOL Burnt! I said that because I have a neighbor with a BGE and he is now on his 3rd "silly thing you plug in". He keeps burning them out. I have told him several times about the "strike-a-fires" that I buy at Publix but he still refuses to use them. Instead, he plugs that thing in, waits for it to get red hot and shoves it down in his coals. He has also burned his arm a couple of times with it.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Cool- I am also a native. Grew up in Marietta and I now live in Woodstock. I think there are many North GA eggers around.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Thanks for the video's, good job. I've cooked several flats but not a packer. Thanks to your video, will do a packer next time.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • bobSTL
    bobSTL Posts: 105
    Your video has inspired me to go to Costco on Friday and try to get one, and cook it Friday night.
    Will try to post pic's next week.
    Thanks again, Bob
  • bamagirl
    bamagirl Posts: 24
    Why in the world would you wait for it to get hot before putting it in the charcoal? Had one for a couple years now and not had any problems with it. Use it a couple times every week. I guess it's gonna kick out now that I know it's no good.
  • I don't know why he waits for it to get hot before sticking it in the coals. I find the fire starters like strike-a-fire to be so much easier. But, hey. That's just my opinion.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    thanks for posting the videos...
    I look forward to cooking one a few weeks from now
    context is important :)
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    thanks for posting the videos...
    I look forward to cooking one a few weeks from now
    context is important :)
  • Thanks nice vids, maybe this could be made a sticky.
  • Same here, have not done the brisket yet but have done a number of Prok Butts Lo/Slo so looking forward to doing one this weekend. Thanks again for posting this.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• You guys are most welcomed. I really enjoyed doing the videos but my wife thought I was being weird until I showed her how many cooking videos are on YouTube, especially BGE videos.

Not sure what a sticky is but I assume that has something to do with making the original post easier to find?