Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stir Fry Cat

Options
bobSTL
bobSTL Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First time I used my Wok on the LBGE. Used the spider, legs up, and kept the egg at about 400 until the wok got nice and hot.(Didn't take long at all. Found the recipe on line, I took:
1 fillet of cat fish cut into strips
2 tlbs. Lemon Juice
2 tlbs. Soy Sauce
Let the cat swim in the sauce for 20 min or so.

Took 2 cups of frozen stir fry veg’s and ran under cold water for a bit.

Put 2 tlbs peanut oil in wok and added veg’s for a few minutes.
Took out and put in cat for a few minutes.
Added 2 tlbs corn starch with ½ cup water with rest of marinade and mixed in all the rest back in to swim for a couple of minutes

Served over brown rice, and it really was tasty, my wife said “pew” :S when I told her what she was having for dinner, but when she ate it, she was happy….. :woohoo:
Had to be the LBGE that made the difference. :laugh:
(Sorry, no pics)

Thanks, Bob

Comments

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    As somebody that can't stand fish, and I have tried every type cooked every way imaginable and couldn't stomach any of it, this might be worth a try - my wife would get her fish and I get stir fry.

Thanks.
  • bobSTL
    bobSTL Posts: 105
    Options
    Burnt;

Give this one, or just add the cat to any stir fry you use, if I didn't know it, I would have not known I was eating frozen cat out of the freezer it was tender, and the fish took on the taste of the sauce. :cheer:
    Thanks, Bob