Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

looking for a good pad thai recipe

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited 10:38AM in EggHead Forum
i did a search on the forum and couldn't find one.

can anyone recommend a good pad thai recipe?

Comments

  • DenbbqDenbbq Posts: 84
    I have used this one once and family liked it.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/janets-pad-thai-recipe/index.html
  • JCOJCO Posts: 49
    I always use this recipe:

    http://chezpim.typepad.com/blogs/2007/01/pad_thai_for_be.html

    It always turns out great. I don't always use all of the ingredients that it calls for, and it doesn't seem to affect it (i.e. I use regular shrimp, no chicken, no dried shrimp, no tofu, I use green onions, regular garlic, etc). The sauce recipe is very very good.

    Good Luck
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,908
    This site has excellent recipes and videos for thai food, also great prices for ordering if you do not have a local source. I always place the chopped peanuts and fresh lime jioce just before eating. Ger on their mailing list

    http://videos.importfood.com/070-Dish8.html
  • I have a recipe my wife uses in Thailand but I tried scanning it in and saving it and it was hard to read, if you would like the recipe send me an email and I will send it to you - 3.4MB.

    Mike
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    ThailandBBQ wrote:
    I have a recipe my wife uses in Thailand but I tried scanning it in and saving it and it was hard to read, if you would like the recipe send me an email and I will send it to you - 3.4MB.

    Mike


    you've got mail!


    thanks all for the replies. i've printed out all the receipes and i'm going to read them and go from there.
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    Alton Brown's recipe is solid. I add more heat than he calls for.

    I'd love a copy of ThailandBBQ's recipe, though....

    Matt
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    Matt wrote:
    Alton Brown's recipe is solid. I add more heat than he calls for.

    I'd love a copy of ThailandBBQ's recipe, though....

    Matt

    thanks matt.
  • DenbbqDenbbq Posts: 84
    Could someone send me a copy of ThailandBBQ's recipe as well?
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    Richard Fl wrote:
    This site has excellent recipes and videos for thai food, also great prices for ordering if you do not have a local source. I always place the chopped peanuts and fresh lime jioce just before eating. Ger on their mailing list

    http://videos.importfood.com/070-Dish8.html

    That's a good video. I think I could mimic that on the egg with my new paella pan.
  • Give me a day or three and I'll try to get it in the recipe section.....simple dish but lots of ingredients and many steps...typical Thailand.....nothing is easy (but I wouldn't trade it for anything).

    Cheers,
    Mike
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    ThailandBBQ wrote:
    Give me a day or three and I'll try to get it in the recipe section.....simple dish but lots of ingredients and many steps...typical Thailand.....nothing is easy (but I wouldn't trade it for anything).

    Cheers,
    Mike

    did you email it to me yesterday?
Sign In or Register to comment.