Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig BBQ @ the Jack!!

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw this about our own Chris and the boys.[p]16th Annual Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational BBQ[p]Brisket:
10. Mad Cows BBQ
9. Lost Nation Smoke Co.
8. Worst Kept Secret
7. Smokin Triggers
6. Dizzy Pig BBQ
5. Music City Pig Pals
4. Jack's Old South
3. Head Country II
2. Let's Kick Some Ash
1. Grillas BBQ[p]For more go to http://www.porktitioners.com/

Comments

• The Virginian
    Options
    Smokey,
    Ffaannttaassttiicc!!! BGE must be a very proud sponser at this moment. Major congrats to John, Kenny, Mike. Brian, and to head Dizzypig Chris. A great way to end a great season of competition. Good going, fellers.[p]Brett

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Way to go guys!!! 6th place in brisket at the Jack, you guys must be very eggcited. You are making us Eggers proud. [p]Congrats...Chuck
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Thanks for the great news. Congratulations Dizzy Pigs and drbbq. Way to go fellas. Egged brisket rules.[p]Paul

• BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    Smokey, Very nice! I can't wait to see some pic's. Congratulations to the Dizzy Pig Team! DK

• Smokey,[p]We went up to Lynchburg, to pal around with the big boys, and snitched some of that brisket...it was to die for! They deserved to do well with it.[p]Thanks to the DP team for the hospitality (and food and drinks). We had a great time hanging with them and Drbbq, and to finally meet Jim Minion, QSis, and a whole host of others whom we admire.[p]Larry and Tonia

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Smokey,
    Congratulations, Pigs![p]Ken

• QBabe and Mr. Hyde (aka Brutus after the Jack),
    My pleasure to be able to spend time with you and the BGE folks (they did work there butts off). The Dizzy Pig boys make it real easy to proud of them, they are what BBQ should be about.
    John let me know when your going to be in Seattle.
    Jim

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks Damon, and everyone else. Hard to describe the feeling of getting a call up in a contest of this magnitude. We were two 10,000ths of a point from 5th, and four 10,000ths of a point from 4th. 3 and a half more points and we could have gotten a first in brisket! [p]The other 3 categories the judges pretty much tanked us. All contributing to a disappointing 44th overall. Still, we achieved what we set out to do, and it was an honor to cook against the most experienced teams in the biz. We were all happy with everything we turned in, and the fantastic team mates I have (Mike, Kenny, John, Bryan) made everything seem amazingly (almost frighteningly) smooth. [p]Congrats to Lee (QSis/Back40 BBQ...they finished 6th overall!!), Ray and Jim Minion (19th overall), Rodney (Pellet Envy..7th overall after complaining of cooking horribly), Rich (Lost Nation...12th overall), and all of the other teams that did well!![p]I am all backed up on emails, and chores, but I will come back soon with some pictures of this amazing event they call "The Jack". [p]Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ