Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have met the Salmon Gods and they were pleased....

The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dpnwsalmon.jpg
<p />I think I may have just gilded the coin. (See the note below, by the way....)[p]I combined Nature Boy's salmon recipe with mine and came up with the dangdest salmon I've ever had. Basically, the salmon was dipped in milk, coated with panko bread crumbs, laid on foil that was had a lot of oil on it. Tsunami spin was sprinkled generously over the salmon. Cooked for 30 minutes, starting at 300 and letting it climb to 400 at the end. Halfway through, drizzle on maple syrup and butter that has been cooked down a bit to thicken it. Man oh man, it comes out crisp and coated with sugar. If you don't like sweet on your salmon, leave off the syrup. And see all that syrup that has dripped down on the foil and carmelized? Oh man, that is good stuff to just cool a bit and then pop into the old gob...[p]TNW[p]Note: Shakespeare is often misquoted as having written about "gilding the lily". Actually he wrote about "painting the lily and gilding the coin." I thought you'd like to know... :-)
The Naked Whiz

Comments