Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork roasts

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey-[p]We met a bunch of folks last week at EGGtoberfest. To those that we met (and have yet to meet) thanks so much for the great times and fantastic advice about our new BGE. We were remiss in not getting phone numbers and e-mail addresses. [p]We need a little advice. We're cooking a pork tenderloin and we were wondering what the internal temperature should be when it's fully cooked. We're cooking two 1.2 lb roasts. Any guidance and advice would be greatly appreciated.[p]Thanks much,
Jenn and Don

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Options
    Jenn,
    165° is the number on pork...a little shy wouldn't hurt, as the temp will continue to rise as it rests. Always allow it to rest. [p]There are lots of things to do with the tenderloins....but rubbing with olive oil, and using your favorite seasoning would work. [p]I'd cook the same way as in the oven but maybe a little hotter to crisp it up in the beginning, and allow the temp to drop as you cook it. I also move it around and turn it, grilling it direct. If you had a raised grid, that would help, but not necessary.[p]Mike in MN [p]PS Wish I could have been at the "party!"

• Mike in MN,
    Thanks for the info, we wound up rubbing the tenderloins in yellow mustard, then covered with dizzy pig "dizzy dust" dry rub...cooked one hour at 350 degrees, then flipped and cooked an hour at 300. Cooking a little higher at the beginning worked great to sear on the rub and seal in the juices. Wasn't sure how long to cook, but knew if I could get a temp I would know when it was done.
    Eggtoberfest was a total blast ![p]