Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

price of small

Options
cherokeer
cherokeer Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a chance to add a small to stable. How much for a 1 year old small would you think?

Comments

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I paid 250 for mine. It was cooked on 3 times before I got it.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    If you're buying it used it does not carry the lifetime warranty...your call..
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    anywhere from $175 to $250 would be a bargain. We love all our eggs, but our small BGE is our go to egg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    It depends on where you live really. Here in Salt Lake City, there was a used small listed on our local online classified site last month for $400 with the platesetter and nest. I see people say you should pay around 200-250 for a used small, but I just dont see it where I live. I ended up paying 479 (i think) for a new one, and I love it. Its more challenging to get really really hot, but its a champ for a quick cook between 350-500. With the weed burner its ready to go almost instantly.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    more difficult to get hot seems to be an issue with some people and not others. Personally I have no problem getting to 650 to 750 with ease! Just leave your dome open for at least 12 minutes to establish a well defined fire and then close the dome but leave Miss Daisey off and the vent wide open. It will soon start sucking air like a jet engine and kick into the blue flame after burner stage!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    It seems to depend on your egg. I think it comes down to fire box and fire ring fit. The tighter the fit, the more airflow that is forced through the firebox for combustion instead of around it. Mine is not the best fit, so I use grandpas grubs aluminum rope trick to plug the void. I have to stack the charcoal right, and optimally use fresh lump to hit 750. My other three eggs are like you describe, light it, and hold on. I would be upset at the small if I didn't have other eggs, I just use the small for other stuff, and love it. I still use the small the most, by a wide margin. It's a good little cooker.