Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Wing Recipe

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggfestwings.jpg
<p />GrillMeister’s Chicken Wings[p]5 lbs of Chicken Wings (these big packages can be found at Sam’s, Costco or most grocery stores.
16 oz. bottle of GrillMeister’s Special Egg’n Seasoning[p]Wash the wings and cut off the little winglet part. These can be saved and used later for making chicken stock or simply discarded.[p]Get a good clean fire going in the egg with the temp between 325 & 350. I like to pull the grid out before it gets too hot and spray it with PAM.[p]Put the entire package of wings on the grid direct over the fire and arrange so they all are the same side up.[p]Shake up the bottle of GrillMeister’s Special Egg’n Seasoning and pour out some into small bowl. Give each wing a nice coating of the seasoning. Repeat this one more time during the cook so that each side receives two coatings. I recommend using a silicone basting brush because it works the best and is the easiest to clean. Always remember to shake the bottle before using it to baste.[p]The wings should take 45 minutes to an hour depending on how crunchy you like the outside. You need to be careful and watch for hot spots as you can burn them if you don’t pay attention.[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]This is a stupid question...but did I taste these at the fest? Did I seem to like them? Honest to pete I can't remember where I even am these days!!! Are they like damned spice-hot? There were 2 wings I had. One burned the hell out of my mouth and the other was great. Sigh. Getting old is hell, you know?[p]mShark
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]These tasted great and had mild afterburn typical of Chipotle peppers. No carbs either.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Great! Recipe saved![p]mSharque
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Ed...[p]In honor of you and watching you cook all of those ABTs last Saturday, I made up a batch of 80 of them for tailgating today at the UNA Homecoming game. I will be sure to have one this time. We are going to be cooking them on an egg too. Hope all is well! Thanks for the recipes too![p]-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Thanks! Hot Ash and Orville the Egghead did most of the hard work. They are sure to be a hit for the game. [p]I sure would like your sausage egg thing recipe you made. It was very tasty.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I am going to post that recipe later tonight once Tammy gets home and I can get it from her. Thanks![p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!