Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veggie help.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a good white wine recipe that calls for shitake mushrooms sauted. I'm wanting to use a wok during the dwell period. The mixture is poured over the filets when serving. Help with the wok thing.[p]Mad Max, how do you do your RR potatoes? Thanks again with the help of the ABTs, at the very last minute we used RR on them and man what a hit.[p]CWM

Comments

• Eggsellent
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Here's a potato recipe Mad Max gave me...[p]that ragin river is good stuff. . ..try it on potatoes, its outrageous!!. . .take some yukon golds, cut up small, tossed with olive oil, then sprinkled with a generous amount of raging river, put in a pan and bake (on the egg indirect) at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes (or until cripy on the outside and tender on the inside). ..yummy. . [p]We LOVE RR - Sprinkle some on the cream cheese inside the ABT also for a little more kick - yum!

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Eggsellent,
    Is that indirect or direct. I sprinkle the RR on corn on the cob and the bacon on my ABTs.[p]CWM

• Eggsellent
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Right! Those were the potatoes that taught me what indirect means. Mine turned out a tad more crispy than indended.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    molly got it right. . INdirect. . .i put the pan on the grid over inverted plate setter. . .you want them pretty well coated with the olive oil. . .that way they'll roast up nice and crispy on the outside. . .[p]i know you can't get prociutto out there in the hinterland, but maybe you can get yukon gold potatoes (new potatoes or small whites or reds work great also_)[p]good luck[p]max

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    i wok up veggies all the time during the dwell period. . good way to the keep the egg working while it comes down in temps and the steaks rest. . .i have one of those 4 sided grill woks with the little holes in it. . .i typically do shrooms/onion/peppers, tossed first in some italian salad dressing (i really like newman's balsamic vinagerette for this), then into the wok, tossing regularly till done (about 10 minutes) . .the white wine thing sounds fantastic though. . .should add great flavor to the shitakes. . .i think i'd be tempted to splash some directly on the veggies while they are in the wok . . may cause some flames, but i think it would be well worth the danger. . .let us know how they turn out. . .