Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Uncle Phil (and Dr. BBQ) for rib video.

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to say thanks to Uncle Phil for posting this video. I tried this method yesterday and the ribs turned out great.

Sorry no pics...I'll take some next time.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Good Job Phil! Thanks for posting Smokey.
  • beerguy
    beerguy Posts: 116
    Options
    Interesting preparation, but that music killed me! Wouldn't those ribs come out on the sweet side after the second stage of brown sugar and honey?
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They were a little on the sweet side. I was concerned with being too sweet as well, especially since I was using sweet baby rays sauce. I went pretty light on the honey and the brown sugar during the packetizing phase, and I cut the sauce with cider vinegar to try to tone down the sugar. Next time I would like to try a less sweet sauce (at least for me- the wife and kids like the ooey-gooey ribs).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggHeadFred
    Options
    I do them without the brown sugar and they are great.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    I do mine just like that for the most part and they always turn out fantastic. I see no reason why I will ever change. They are great every time. I've posted that vid on here a few times for others asking questions about ribs as it's a fantastic base. You can tinker as you see fit, but if you follow that to the word you WILL make great ribs.