Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks Uncle Phil (and Dr. BBQ) for rib video.

SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,581
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to say thanks to Uncle Phil for posting this video. I tried this method yesterday and the ribs turned out great.

Sorry no pics...I'll take some next time.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
2014 Wing King's Apprentice
·

Comments

• bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Good Job Phil! Thanks for posting Smokey.
    ·
  • beerguybeerguy Posts: 104
    Interesting preparation, but that music killed me! Wouldn't those ribs come out on the sweet side after the second stage of brown sugar and honey?
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,581
    They were a little on the sweet side. I was concerned with being too sweet as well, especially since I was using sweet baby rays sauce. I went pretty light on the honey and the brown sugar during the packetizing phase, and I cut the sauce with cider vinegar to try to tone down the sugar. Next time I would like to try a less sweet sauce (at least for me- the wife and kids like the ooey-gooey ribs).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • I do them without the brown sugar and they are great.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
    ·
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    I do mine just like that for the most part and they always turn out fantastic. I see no reason why I will ever change. They are great every time. I've posted that vid on here a few times for others asking questions about ribs as it's a fantastic base. You can tinker as you see fit, but if you follow that to the word you WILL make great ribs.
    ·