Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JSlot's ribs

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking of doing JSlot's ribs for Memorial Day (11-12 lbs). Need clarification. If you put an 18.5" Weber grate on top of the firebox, it will not reach the firebox because the sides of my Large Egg slop. Is this correct? It misses about 2 inches, thus elevating the eventual cooking surface about two inches.[p]Also, is JSlot's method for large quantities preferable to just cooking several batches of ribs using the JJ direct method and then reheating when it is mealtime?

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    HU016.jpg
    <p />Doug,
    This is a picture of Jslot and Marti cooking ribs at Eggtoberfest.[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    YB, anybody want to go belly to belly with Jslot on ribs?? heeee.. He is da man!! Hope he reads this..!! I think to answer the question, no, you don't need to set up as Jslot described in exactly that fashion. Maybe Jim will come aboard and explain it further. Dang good photo YB..I see you got the hang of it now...Cya
    C~W[p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    You have got to quit doing that,i was laughing so hard trying to read your post, i almost wet my pants.Thanks to Tim M,Bryan and Brant i can post a picture,i almost gave up.
    YB

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    YB, And that would be another picture!!!..I sure hope Jslot thinks its funny too, or I ain't never coming to Atlanta..hheeeee.....Cheer's...C~W[p]