Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined Chops!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spice Cook's recipe for brined chops is awesome. Did some thick chops last night with Spice Cook's Brine. I left out the bay leaves, and added a whole bunch of crushed fresh lemongrass, and ginger root. Couldn't help myself and I also dumped in a couple glugs of fish sauce. Heated it to a boil to extract as much of the lemongrass/ginger/garlic flavor. Cooled with MikeO's great trick of swirling a ziplock full of ice in the hot brine.[p]Anyway, they brined for 3 hours, I rinsed, patted dry and slathered with mustard. Sprinkled on some cracked telicherry pepper, and seared them at 750, 3 minutes a side (rotating 45 degrees after 90 seconds). then a 5 minute dwell. They were perfectly seared, thin crust and very slightly pink in the center.[p]If you haven't tried brined chops, it could be time! Thanks again Spice Cook's for waking us up to this simple and effective technique for doing chops.[p]Happy Weekend
NB

[ul][li]Spice Cook's Brined Chops[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments