Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My wife's first cook

Options
JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is my wife's first cook (pork loin). I almost forgot to take a picture.[p]20Oct003.jpg[p]
And here is the duck that is smoking away at 200 dome and 158 internal right now.[p]20Oct005.jpg[p]Just watching the game and waiting for 180 internal.[p]John

Comments

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    JM3,
    Wow, looks great all around! Is the duck direct and raised grid? I'll have to try one of those soon. What does the approximate cooking time look like? Sorry for the rapid fire questions, got company coming on the weekend that are duck fans, and your pics got me thinkin'... Thanks!
    Chris[p]

• JM3
    Options
    Basscat,[p] It is direct on a raised grid at 200. Looks like it is going to be about 5 - 5 1/2 hours. Look down in the traffic from yesterday and you'll see YB's response to my Duck Help! It contained a link to how to do duck on the egg.[p]John
  • JM3,
    That's BEAUTIFUL MAN!! I even showed it to my wife. Maybe it will give her some ideas. Right now were fairly new to the Egg and she has not ventured forth. But the Eggtoberfest peaked her interest and taste buds! Can you let us know how you cooked the Pork. It looked delicious and really moist!!
    Thx,
    T-Que
    PS Sorry for the blank msg earlier. Fat fingers are the culprut!!

• JM3
    Options
    T-Que,[p] The pork loin was direct at 350 flipped every 20 minutes. My wife didn't even put salt or pepper let alone some of my tsunami spin on it, but it still tasted great. It was so moist and tender. I think Eggtoberfest may have given my wife the push to go ahead and cook something.[p]John
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    JM3,
    Thanks!
    Been a busy few days on the board, I guess I've been too busy looking at the pictures of what I missed last weekend:( [p]Maybe next year!

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    T-Que,
    Tell Carol to go for it. :),
    Egg cooking is NOT difficult. If it was, "I" would not still be doing it after all these years! :)
    Once the fire is started and settled in, its like cooking on a stove/oven, but with a better flavor. Her biggest problem will probably will be controlling the start up of the fire. And thats really simple once you do it a coupla times. (as you know by now, ;))[p]So to make a long story short, just tell her to go for it. :)[p]Later,
    ChefRD[p][p]

• batfire
    batfire Posts: 19
    Options
    JM3,What was the final internal meat temp. It looks very juicy.