Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Clay's Pulled Beef

crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
edited 10:47PM in EggHead Forum
This is my first time trying Clay's Pulled Beef. I am at the stage of taking it out of the Dutch Oven and pulling it but it still seems tough. Is it supposed to pulll ealsily like a Boston Butt when done or do I need a knife and fork to cut and pull?

I assume it is not done since I cannot pull it with my hands.

Any advice?
__________ Chris

Comments

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    I would continue to cook it until a fork will twist easily in the meat. Sounds like it needs more time.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    The internal temp should be 200+. -RP
  • Agree with LC and AZRP, let it cook. I have pulled too early and you cannot pull it. Long cook, but worth it.