Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Clay's Pulled Beef

crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
edited 5:31PM in EggHead Forum
This is my first time trying Clay's Pulled Beef. I am at the stage of taking it out of the Dutch Oven and pulling it but it still seems tough. Is it supposed to pulll ealsily like a Boston Butt when done or do I need a knife and fork to cut and pull?

I assume it is not done since I cannot pull it with my hands.

Any advice?
__________ Chris

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    I would continue to cook it until a fork will twist easily in the meat. Sounds like it needs more time.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    The internal temp should be 200+. -RP
  • Agree with LC and AZRP, let it cook. I have pulled too early and you cannot pull it. Long cook, but worth it.