Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Molly Backer's first cook!!

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As we speak, the mrs. has cleaned the ash out, arranged some coal, made fire, and she is getting ready to stabilize at 350 and make our ABT and chicken dinner by herself with no help from me. Heck, I won't be home until it's hitting the table. [p]Keep your fingers crossed.[p]Pictures to come...

Comments

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Mark Backer, Wow! I don't let anyone touch the Egg!

• Mark Backer,[p]Hi! I have fire - woo hoo! This is fun and that egg smell I'm always complaining about smells much better if you get to be the one to make the fire![p]Thanks for the support everyone. I'll send pictures and and update later. I figure if it doesn't turn out I'll just blame Nature Boy since I'm using his stuff (just kidding Chris)![p]Molly[p]PS It was so great meeting everyone!
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    The Other Dave, I just hope she don't outcook him. Mark would be forever changed in the chain of command at the Backer home. I shudder at the feeling. But on the other, she would be better than a BBQ Guru!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    man
    i can't get my wife to try it.[p]if you tell me she's also standing there in her bikini, and she's making you a drink while her two girlfriends give you a backrub.....[p]some guys have all the luck.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike,[p]Now that's funny! [p]If I could get away with wearing a bikini...[p]Sadly, I'm in my Red Sox Sweatshirt, having a beer and smelling like an Egg. Some might think that's lucky, while others would run away screaming. Thank God Todd (Mark Backer) is of the former.[p]Molly
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Molly Backer, you have it made, Molly. An EGG, an EGGER husband, a smokey home and smokey daughter ! And a BGE prize first time out !!

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    Mark,
    I had a similar experience tonight. When I got home the pork loin was on at 350 and at an internal temp of 123. It was the first time my wife has ever cooked anything on it. She didn't start the fire though. That was my ten year old daughter, Karen. She cleans the egg, puts the lump in, and gets the fire going almost every night when I call and say I'm on my way home. She and I used our Pampered Chef earnings and bought her a small egg at Eggtoberfest this year. [p]John

• egghead2004
    Options
    Molly Backer,
    Another wife whose a Sox fan!!!YYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAWWWW GO SOX!!![p]P.S. I wish you well on your egging!![p]

• egghead2004
    Options
    JM3,
    I envy you...

• Mark Backer,[p]YUMMY!!!! The ABT's and Chicken turned out GREAT!!!! Here's a few shots of my first cook...[p]640Dsc05929.jpg
    I made fire and it was fun![p]640Dsc05931.jpg
    ABT's ready to go on the Egg. I used sweet peppers, cream cheese sprinkled with Raging River Rub, a little smokie on top, wrapped in bacon then topped off with a little more RR Rub. YUM Oh, by the way I did not use toothpicks based on a previous post and they stayed together just fine without them.[p]640Dsc05938.jpg
    ABT's on the grill[p]640Dsc05941.jpg
    Me and the Egg (PS GO SOX)![p]640Dsc05943.jpg
    ABT's just about done and getting ready to turn the chicken.[p]I'd like to say I have a picture of the finished product, but my neighbors came over for a sample and before I knew it - everything was gone! Thanks everyone - I had a great first cook
    Molly[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Molly Backer,
    way to go molly!!!!!!!. . .now that you know the ways of the egg. .what the heck do you need that beer swilling mark for??!!! . . .maybe time to dump his sorry butt and move on up. . .(just kidding, you know i love the big guy!!). . .[p]however, you do need to come up with your own unique handle for the forum here. ..something that sets you apart.. .heeee

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]thanks! Hey, any suggestions on an handle? I was thinking Eggsberger?
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Molly Backer,
    OMG, how did I miss this post?!! Must have been all that BoSox eggcitement.[p]That all looks delicious. [p]Come on now, tell the truth, was it better than Todd's stuff?

• egghead2004
    Options
    Folliage%2021.jpg
    <p />Molly Backer,
    way to go Molly!!!
    Now, can you help me keep the leaves on the trees here a little longer?

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]That's a slippery slope, Bobby-Q. If she says yes, then she has to cook all the time on the Egg, which I don't think she wants. [p]It was the best thing anyone in our house has ever cooked using Dizzy Pig...how's that?[p]Next stop: Ribeyes with Cow Lick on Friday night. Can. Not. Wait.
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]You sound like me, plus you live alot closer to Fenway Pahk, which she would love.[p]I think the winters are the only thing keeping her here with me.[p]Sorry!![p]p.s. great picture though. What a place new england is in the fall.
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]Thanks for my new wallpaper :~) A GREAT shot!

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Mark Backer, Molly Rocks

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Borders,[p]Yes, she do rock. [p]She's going to sam's today for more peppers and hopefully some meat. HOORAY!!
  • Eggsellent
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I have my own handle now - Eggsellent. See ya,
    Molly

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Eggsellent,
    i LOVE it!!! . i was gonna start a contest on the forum for you, but you did just fine all by yourself. .. .that poor husband of your is gonna start feeling pretty wimpy pretty soon if your not careful. .. .[p]so, what are you going to cook next???. .. just remember to put your hair back in a ponytail if you try to trex anything. . ..