Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For those of you that met Mrs. Backer...

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This shouldn't surprise you.[p]Today it was a trip to Kroger for her and the urchin on senior day, wearing their red sox gear. Apparently, most senior citizens in our area are sox fans, and were delighted to talk baseball with my very knowledgable wife.[p]Then, it was the old "Lauren, tell the nice man what we say when baseball's on tv..." [p]to which Lauren replies (loudly) GO SOX!![p]By the way, she was at kroger to get the fixings for Raging River dusted ABT's followed by Tsunami Spin chicken breasts. [p]And all while I am still at work. [p]No wonder she wants the medium egg. It's for her!![p]p.s. Go Sox!!

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    It was nice meeting the both of you in Atlanta and talking SEC football.
    Larry

• Mark Backer
    Options
    YB,[p]It was a pleasure to meet you too, Larry. I enjoyed the football talk, but it was more fun picking your brain about your eggs and their purposes. [p]thanks for taking the time to talk to us.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    having spent time with both of you, i can say absolutely and unequivicably say, that you, mr. backer, MARRIED UP!!!in fact, you married so far up that i'm impressed that she was able to reach so far down to find you. . .heeeee[p]tsunami spin chicken is our favorite. . .you should definitely try doing some tsunami spin beer can chickens though (include putting about a heaping teaspoon of the tsunami spin into the beer can as well as all over the bird). .. best chicken ever IMHO. . .tsunami spin chicken also makes for fantastic chicken salad. ..just cube up the cooked chicken, mix in celery, tomato, shredded carrot, whatever, with a nice sprinkle of more tsunami spin rub. ..it makes for great chicken salad. . .[p]i sure hope you bought a bottle of dizzy cow lick rub as well. .. generously put that on burgers and/or steaks. . .your eyes will roll straight up into your head. .[p]finally, go on, buy HER that medium egg. . .you know she needs it now. . .and then call the lawn ranger and buy his and her egg handles. ..

• Mark Backer
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]If I had a nickel for every time we heard that I married up, I'd have a BGE ranch.[p]I can't wait to try the chicken tonight, as well as the chicken you described. [p]We did get the cow lick as a matter of fact, and I am dying for friday to get here so we can try that on Ribeye night. [p]As for the next egg, I believe we're gonna get the small. And I am waiting until I decide about the table design (Large only or both) plus figuring out where they're gonna go. [p]I expect that it will be a very happy holiday at the backer house this year!!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    LOL, i know what you mean. . .glad you got the cow lick. . .i'll bet we use more of that than any other dizzy rub, cause i use it on everything "cow". .. i don't even put my burgers on buns anymore since applying cowlick, they just taste so good 'naked', no ketchup, nothing. .. [p]also try a heavy dose of cowlick on a 'pit beef'. .. that's where you take something like a bottom round or top round roast, coat it heavily with cowlick and kosher salt, and cook it at around 375 degrees till done (turn it often), then slice it really thin (almost shaved) as its a tough piece of meat. . .serve on rolls with bbq sauce and/or horse radish. ..fantastic roast beef samiches....

• Mark, I have the standard table that my wife got me on my first b-day following the first egg (lg). I now have a small to go with, but it's in the eggnest. I been thinking that I might buy me an eggnest for the large and fill in the hole in the table and cover over the top with some tile or something and have one egg on each end of the table. I also have a rubber type table w/wheels about half as long as the egg table with doors and a little tray above it like you use for gardening and stuff. The reason I might make this change is that in the future sometime I plan to have an egg island type thing that will have egg stations that the eggs just slide in and out of made of rock or brick. This whole thing will also make the eggs more portable in case I want to really go wild and get myself into a rib or chili contest. Which I plan to do 11/13 (the article in the paper said: Chili cook off, with other grilled goodies) I thought I might do a pot of chili and then a bunch of ABT's.

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Chet,[p]So you see my dilemma. I am torn between the cool big table with a large at one end, the small at the other and a work area in the middle (complete with either two drawers or two doors below), medium length table for the Large and leave the small in a nest or put the small in the table and the large in the nest.[p]I just don't know. I really am leaning toward a slightly longer table with 30 inches of work room in the middle between the two eggs.[p]Ahhh, the excitement and anticipation of Eggspansion.
  • egghead2004
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    I have a large and small, also trying to figure out what kind of table to make. Big egg on left, small egg on the right, and 2-2 1/2 fett of work space in the middle. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.[p]

• Mark Backer, the table is fine and either plan is too, when you get them suckers in there though just don't plan on removing them a whole lot by yourself, at least not without a hernia to go along with it.

• Mark Backer
    Options
    egghead2004,
    That's exactly what I am talking about. and exactly the same configuration. Let me know if you have any epiphanies, and after I talk to BobbyQ, I will let you know what we come up with.

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Chet,[p]I don't see myself taking them many places is the thing. Most of my cooking's at home, and if we decided to take one somewhere, we'd get my nephews and their strong-backed friends to do it, with our supervision of course.
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    The Mrs and I got our first Cow Lick this past weekend and did some bacon wrapped filets last night....man, will never go back to anything else. Words can't describe how good they were. Have fun![p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]I know what you mean. Chris had to make me promise to stop eating his samples. Not on meat, I'm talking about the rub samples. [p]Can't wait for chicken and ABT's tonight and steaks on friday.