Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Cooking Day!!

AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking a 11 pound packer brisket, 18lbs of boston butt,4 spatchcocked chickens, some thick cut pork chops and some chicken asaigo sausage. Nothing else to do today in the Texas heat!!!!

Doing most for friend/co-worker of the wife. Doing the sausage for the wifes potluck at work today. All while waiting on the DirecTV guy. Looking forward to the Sunday Ticket and NFL network since Time Warner doesn't carry either.

Brisket and butts going on!

IMGP0367.jpg

IMGP0368.jpg

Comments

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Looks like you'll be home all day cooking. I wish I could say the same. Have fun!! :)
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Sounds like all you need now is a shady spot and some cold beverages for a perfect day!
    have fun
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Sounds like the perfect day. Your neighbors will jealous of all the delicous smells wafting from your place.
  • AlwaysGolf
    True and the Directv guys already mentioned the smells!! Nothing like the smells of BBQ coming off the EGG!!!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Sounds like a fun day, you'll like Direct TV, we've been with them since 03 and have had no problems. -RP
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Ok Alvin post a picture of your cooking spot so all the people stop feeling so sorry for you :laugh: :laugh:
    And if you find a few extra min's in the day run down here and help me with all the hotdogs :evil: :whistle:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AlwaysGolf
    Mickey, I wish you would have told me and I would have helped. Especially since the son wasn't due to be at work until 5pm. We need to talk about starting a Celtic Wolf type deal on post.

Oh my spot is all dirty after being away for a year. Need to get it cleaned up and pressure washed.

Have a great day, and let me know next time!! But I may end up burning the hotdogs on a gasser!! LOL
  • AlwaysGolf
    AZRP, I hope so last time we had it wife wasn't to iimpressed. Now was the good time to switch since they offered best package for the price of Sunday Ticket!!

Go Dolphins!!!!1
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    If you need a pressure washer I have one at the house and be glad to bring in. You supply the labor.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AlwaysGolf
    Thanks for the offer Mickey. I have a pressure washer, just have to get the "young labor" that lays on my couch eating my groceries motivated and trained to use it!! LOL
  • AlwaysGolf
    Well part one of the big cooking day done--DirecTV install complete, yes to NFL Network and sausage cook done and delivered to wife!