Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Poor Planning

ThailandBBQ
ThailandBBQ Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We made up some pizza dough and just rolled it out, how long can you leave at room temp before making pies and throwing it on the egg. I reall wanted to cook them about 5 hours from now.

Mike

Comments

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    put it in the refrigerator will slow the rise. You may have to punch them down but they will be ok
  • I was afraid you would say that....no room in fridge at the moment....will set up a cooler wit h some ice.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate you being awake at this time of day in the USA!

Mike
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    I just attended Fred Bernardo's (Fred's Music and BBQ) pizza demo...

I'm pretty sure he had his doughs out for 4-5 hours before the cook. It was a sicilican (in pan of course) demo though...so not sure it that was different than a neo or thin pie. He was periodically adding EVOO and stretching the dough out toward and over (to allow for contraction a bit) the edges of his pan.

Only reason I mention is I know it really stuck out during the demo. I think his website has pizza video...if not directly there, youtube him. You'll find it. Maybe he'll cover that aspect.
  • Thanks all for the help, the pizzas came out better than I expected. I did a couple with the no-knead crust and the other with a thin recipe: http://www.pizzamaking.com/thincrust.php

Not sure which I like better, the no-knead is a little sticky to deal with but cooks well, the thin recipe is hard to roll and you must get it very thin (duh).

Mike