Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Recipes

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, here are the recipes I have gathered so far from EGGtoberfest 2004:
EGGtoberfest 2004
The Great Pumpkin
Gingerbread Cookies
Tomato Pie 2003 eggtoberfest
Mrs. Puj's Cran-Razz Chicken
Puj's Shrimp Scampi Fusion
Hawaiian Style Marinade
Miss Alyce's Baked Apples
Okie "Ham" Burgers
Carolina Pulled Pork, Bill Blakely style
Swamp Venom BBQ Cornbread
Orange Satay Sauce

I sure would like to get that crawfish bread recipe as well as hundreds of others. Don't be shy, that food was good. Did I miss any that were posted?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Recipe Editor,
    My jerk pork tenderloin is as follows....At Eggtoberfest I used 8 pork tenderloins cut into 3/4 to 1" cubes. Put in a marinade of 1 part Mrs. Dogs Jamaican Jerk ( a whole jar in this case ) to 1-2 parts extra virgin olive oil. I got about 20 hours of marinade time, the longer the hotter, I normally shoot for 24 hours and I usually marinade in a gallon ziploc bag. Get the egg HOT, anything above 550° is good but I prefer 600-650°, I use a grill topper wok kinda thing ( a grill pan with holes in it ) place it on the egg and let it get hot....add enough of the pork to fill the pan not much more than half way, let it cook like this for 5 minutes or so and stir with whatever utensil you have, allowing to cook for another 5 or so minutes...what you are looking for here is a good sear...keep stirring till all sides are seared and your done....consider this more of like a stir fry cook, you dont have to wait 5 minutes, you could almost stir constantly, but you are looking for a good browning of the meat......take it out and let it rest for 5 minutes and chow down, unless you are at a fest, in which case you dump it out and get out of the way...LOL they were snatching it off on my cutting board before I even moved the pan.....If you have any questions regarding this feel free to drop me an E mail....HTH[p]Wess

• Recipe Editor, I just put my recipe from Eggtoberfest in the add new recipe section. Hope that is ok. Thanks, DK

• Recipe Editor,
    if you put recipes in the waldorf recipe book (i.e. syd's meatloaf and my stuffed flank steak) do you want them again here??

• Recipe Editor,
    I've looked for these recipes on the site. Is there any way you can consolidate the Eggtoberfest 2004 recipes in a special link such that it'll be easy to find them. I've looked for these. Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to find them. If you can put them in one spot, that'd be great. Thanks

• rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Recipe Editor,
    I sure hope the chicken stir fry will be in the recipes you collect. As for WessB pork tenderloin It could have passed for beef tenderloin it was fabulous. I am going to his recipe this weekend. I had such a good time at the eggfest I am planning to cook next year.

• Recipe Editor,
    here is the smoked almond recipe I did at the fest. I bunch of people asked me to post it.[p]3 lbs. raw almonds
    •soak in salt water for 15 minutes.
    •drain and pat dry
    •add 3 tbsp of olive oil and mix well
    •dust well with Dizzy pig's Tsunami Spin and salt.
    •place almonds on an air bake pan on top of a plate setter
    •roast/smoke almonds at 325° F with cherry and hickory for about 25 min.
    • take a few out and let cool, if they aare crunchy, they are done.[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome, if you will just remind me of what they recipes were, i can pull from my archives

• Avalanche, I'm going to combine them into a single PDF file that cna be downloaded. We'll let you know how to down laod it.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Recipe Editor,
    Bill, I will be happy to host this one as well...right along side last years book...Just let me know..[p]Wess

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    WessB,
    I certainly will do.