Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dealer bites the dust

Options
NotabuttDave
NotabuttDave Posts: 181
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went by the dealer where I bought my Egg last fall. Everything was 50% off.

They are shutting down this Saturday. She says because the lease was up and the landlord wasn't giving them a break.

They closed at 6:00 each day, no evening hours and were closed on Sunday and Monday.

As you walked in, if someone was there, they were hidden by the computer monitor.

The person who was there during the day, knew little about Q.

They did not show up in a Google search for grills in our area.

She told me the distributor told them one could not make it selling grills alone.......???!

Too bad.....

I wish we had a good grill shop near me......

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    That is a shame, but sounds like they weren't really interested in the business in the first place. I use to own my own cellphone dealership along with my brother and we sweated blood over that place. Worked ourselves to death and now its a successful business. I sold my piece of the store back to him when I got my current job since I have to travel so much. Was a great experience for me, but you have to be dedicated that's for sure.

BTW, do they have any floor model eggs they are letting go at a good price?
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    No Eggs.

I did buy a few eggcessories, which at 1/2 price, was about what they are really worth.

Best part, they had Dizzy Dust for $5 per.

I own a business. I never take the customer for granted.
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 143
    Options
    Dave -- where are you (the dealer, really) located? Thanks.

Matt
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    All we have in Wichita is a Pool shop they do sell the BGE and know alot about it but I am like you wish we just a BBQ shop like in OKC.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    The only egg dealer where I live makes its living selling other grills (mostly weber) and patio furniture and outdoor decor. They seem to be doing pretty well. They opened up another store in a close by suburb!
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Honestly even if you were really knowledgeable about BBQ I think it would be a tough go just selling Eggs. You have to have rubs....and lots of them and lots of different ones. Charcoal and and I'd have a couple brands. Sauce's and I'd have a wide selection. I'd have other cookers too. Offsets, pellet cookers and so on. Go on a wild assumption that I'm very sure is wrong and think that a dealer makes 300 dollars per Egg and sells 50 a year. That is 15000 and probably won't even pay the rent. You've got to have volume and variety of product is the only way to generate it.
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    Matt wrote:
    Dave -- where are you (the dealer, really) located? Thanks.

Matt

West Chester, Ohio about 15 miles north of Cincinnati.