Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Stone and Tile Cooktop

Options
Mookie_ercc
Mookie_ercc Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Just got it done, a lot of work but worth it

IMG00095-20100812-1909.jpg

Storage and Ventilation
IMG00094-20100812-1909.jpg

IMG00089-20100805-2042.jpg

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Nice tile work...verry nice!!

We're using some like that in a backsplash application!!

Just a word of caution...that's a pretty snug fit around the egg...be aware it gets hot!!...(more than you might think)!

Im assuming you affixed the tiles to wunderboard...or a like material?

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Hiites
    Hiites Posts: 26
    Options
    Very nice! Is it open on the back side to be able to adjust the air flow? Was the stone very hard to work with?
  • Mookie_ercc
    Options
    It is wrapped in the stone, the left side is completely open next to the house for airflow, the egg's airflow adjust is 90 degrees to the left of the front.

The stone is pretty soft a tile saw cut right thru it.

The construction is treated 2x4's, treated plywood and cement backer board, the area around the egg is encased in cement board and stainless steel sheeting to fire "proof" it
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    nice work - beautiful - i am sure you will enjoy
    mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Mookie, beautiful table, consider submitting the photo to the nakedwhiz table gallery of egg tables. Question, how do you clean the ash out without straight access to the lower door?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Mookie_ercc
    Options
    there is plenty of room thru the hinged top to the left of the egg, i rotated the ash door 90 degrees to the left of the front