Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Band Bolt Dimensions?

MattMatt Posts: 143
edited 12:04AM in EggHead Forum
All --

I plan to hit the hardware store on my way home today to pick up some new nuts, washers, and carriage bolts for the bands on my large. I'm trying to avoid going home to check the hardware dimensions first -- does anyone know them offhand?

Thanks.

Matt
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,530
    Found the instruction manual online that list the hardware dimensions:

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/bge spring band assy.pdf

I guess you have to use a soft metal for the band bolts so they will bend.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    Smokey -- wow, what an excellent online resource! My assembly instructions are long gone, so this is a big help.

The Google-fu is strong in this one.

Thanks.

Matt
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,530
    Google-fu...I like it ;)

Glad I could help.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Make sure they are galvanized. This way they won't rust.
    ·